Chapter 35- Wool

Everyone was seated together in the dining room and I was just feeling so nervous and self conscious under Tristan's intense gaze.

"Jennifer? Could you pass me the salt please?" Damien suddenly asked me. "Yeah, Sure."

As I was handing over the bottle of salt to him, it slipped from my clumsy hands but luckily, Damien caught it before it fell.

I gave an apologetic look to him but  he just smiled at me.

I was quietly eating my dinner but the others were just so excited as they kept talking more and eating less.

"Tristan. You remember how fascinated you were when you had seen Jennifer for the first time?" Ben suddenly amused and my hand which was holding the spoon, stopped in mid air.

Please don't talk about me.

I think you should get used to it.

Heck no!

"Yeah. I remember." Tristan shyly replied.

"You literally told me that you would marry her when you both grow up." Ben chuckled. Isabella and Simon joined him.

Zack choked on the food he was eating and Charlotte rubbed his back.

I felt my face heating up.

"Dad! I was a silly kid back then! Why are you bringing that up?" Tristan was looking flustered.

"I just felt like sharing it with everyone." Ben shrugged.

"Jennifer deserves the best... And I'm not the best." Tristan gave me a half hearted smile.

Why are they talking about me?! I am sure Max would love getting the attention more.

I accidentally locked eyes with Liam and he seemed to notice the pleading look on my face.

"Guys! Why is no one talking about my Maxy here? He's pretty awesome too." Liam said and soon all the adults were talking about him.

To say that Max was enjoying being the centre of attention would be an understatement.

I gave a grateful look to Liam to which he winked at me.

*****

The next day, we met Mr. James Brown, dad's lawyer. He informed us all about dad's business and his properties and that everything would be ours when Max and I turn 18. He also helped us in informing the police about everything and got all the legal procedures about mine and Max's real identities done.

The police are now searching for Rose and Matthew and hopefully, they'll be arrested and punished soon.

Then came the most nightmarish thing for me- the media! The mansion was surrounded by different reporters all the time.

I had to give so many interviews unwillingly. I was so anxious throughout this entire time but never once, did I feel alone. My family was always there for me.

Our story was in the spotlight in almost all news channels and newspapers. But thankfully, Ben eventually got the media off of our tails.

****

"Isabella." Zack started. "I know how much you love us but, we need to go back. School's a thing you know." He crossed his arms in front of his muscular chest.

Isabella was not letting us leave the mansion. She had got really close to all of us in all this while.

Right now, we were trying to convince her to let us go and that we would be back during the winter break, after all, we would be living here after graduation from high school anyway.