Chapter 48- Terrible

Jennifer's POV:

"So, what now?" I drawled out, looking patiently at Casper who looked troubled.

"I don't know, Jennifer." He looked at me with worry shining so clearly in his green eyes.

"What's the date today anyway?" I randomly asked, changing the subject of his transfer from here.

"18th December." He replied and my eyes widened.

"It's my 18th birthday in two days." I smiled.

"Wait- really?!" Casper looked even more heartbroken for me.

I nodded, not saying anything.

"I still have 5 days here."

He then leaned forward and took my hand in his warm ones. "I'll get you out of here, Jennifer." He smiled reassuringly at me.

"Thank you, Ghostie." I grinned upon calling the nickname I gave to him.

He chuckled. "Right. Casper the friendly ghost." He nodded to himself.

"So, tell me something about yourself." I said while drawing patterns on his hand.

"There's not much to tell." He stared at his hand which was in mine as I drew circles on it.

"Still. There must be something."

"I am 19, studying in a college. My only hobby is painting but now I just do that sometimes-"

"You paint?!" I don't why but I just found that pretty fascinating.

"Yeah. I sometimes do." He shrugged.

"Can you show me one of your pieces?" I asked with a twinkle in my eyes.

"How can I ever deny anything to you when you look at me like that?" He grinned.

"I'll be right back." And he left the room.

I played with my fingers as I waited for Casper to return. He never seemed like the guy who could paint.. At least to me.

We shouldn't judge a book by its cover, I guess.

"I am back." He said cheerily.

"So, what have you got there?" I couldn't contain my excitement.

"Look for yourself." He handed me the canvas, looking nervous as he scratched the nape of his neck. The top of his ears were tinted pink and he avoided to look into my eyes.

I stilled when I stared at the painting before me. It was.. Me.

It was a beautiful painting of myself, staring at me. It was painted from above my stomach, lying on the grass. My black hair were left open as a few strands were fallen on my face. My blue eyes looked as vibrant as ever and my lips, which were painted a beautiful shade of pink, were curled up to form a cute smile.

I wasn't wearing any dress. Instead, Casper had painted beautiful white roses cascading down from my left shoulder, covering my chest and left my other shoulder bare. My hands were resting on my stomach and a few roses were lying on the grass around me.

I was so overwhelmed that I suddenly felt at a loss for words. No words of any language in the world were enough to express the admiration I felt.

"Casper.. I.. This.. This is.." I breathlessly mumbled.

"I painted you, Jennifer." He said as he bent down in front of me.

My eyes filled up with tears and I just threw my arms around him, engulfing him in a bone crushing hug. He hugged me back immediately.