Chapter 4- Joke

For what it felt like for me, it must have been hours since these guys left me alone in this stinky basement.

I used to think I was one of the most weird creatures to walk on this Earth but these people proved me severely wrong. They ruined my movie night and I think my tub of ice cream is still left sitting on the table. Man, it must have melted to become a soup by now. Oh shit! I think even the light switches were on..

But wait.. Am I kidnapped... Like really really kidnapped..?

What in the God's green earth?! I am kidnapped! I need to get out of here!

If only this Zack hadn't tied me to this chair so tightly. This seemes as if he just wanted to cut off my hands with how tight he's wrapped the ropes around my wrists.

I tried to move my hands to loosen up the death grip of the ropes, only to wince and stop my attempts when I felt the material cutting through my skin.

I looked around the room to find a way of escape but my observation was cut short when the door swung open, revealing Max who held a tray of food in his hands.

"Hey, Jen!" He smiled at me, approaching nearer.

"Hey, Max... What's that?" I nodded at the tray of food.

"Food for you." He said as if it should have been obvious.

Well it was.

"Yeah.. I don't want it.." I moved my gaze away from him.

His cheerful expression suddenly changed as his lips curved downwards to form a frown.

"What? Why? Aren't you hungry?"

"You care?" I ignored his question to ask another of mine. My tone was flat and expression indifferent.

He seemed hurt by that. Max has been nothing but kind to me since they kidnapped me. It left a bad taste in my mouth to be rude to him but I was held here against my wish and I have absolutely no clue of what awaits me in the future.

"Please eat something, Jen." He pleaded.

"Free me first! You weird people have kidnapped me! This is not a joke!" The reality of the situation dumped down on me as I started to panic.

"You finally realised tha-"

"Realised what?"

"That this isn't a jo-"

"From which angle did you think kidnapping me was a joke?! Are you stupid?"

"But you were the one asking if this was a jo-"

"And now I am saying that this isn't!"

"STOP INTERRUPTING ME!"

I went silent when he screamed at me.

I wasn't expecting to be screamed at and his sudden outburst made my eyes to tear up.

Max took a deep breath to calm himself down. He bent down to be level with me and kept the tray he was carrying on the floor beside him.

"Jennifer, I didn't mean to shout at you... Please don't cry... I promise you that once we get the money we'll let you go. Trust me." He said in a soft voice and moved the stray stands of my hair away from my face to get a better look at me.

"Trust you? You have kidnapped me! How can I trust you! Why me? There are so many other weird girls out there... Go catch someone else and let me go!" I cried.

"My ice cream-" I sniffled.

"Ice cream?"

"Must have melted by now!" I wailed. My mind was jumbled all over the place and by the look on his face, I could see that Max wasn't able to make sense out of my words.