Chapter 6- Escape

With incessant chatting and back- head smacks, ignoring Zack's snarky remarks and Damien's reserved nature, we were done with breakfast. Out of all of us, including me, Max was the one most excited for the shopping trip.

I'd never seen a guy this excited for shopping.

But then again, I have never been actually surrounded by guys so...

"So I was thinking we can-" Max was rudely interrupted by Damien's phone ringing, catching all our attention. Max huffed as Damien looked at Zack, who after seeing the name of the caller urged him to pick up.

"Yes?" Damien said into the phone, eyebrows furrowed.

"Fine." He replied after the caller said something.

"Not yet."

"Don't worry you will get it soon." I was filled with concern when he tensed up, gripping the phone tighter.

"NO! Don't even dare to touch her!" He yelled into his phone.

"You won't-"

"Why?!"

"But wai-"

The phone was disconnected. What was happening? Who was he talking to? And who was this 'her'?

"Zack, let's go." Damien got up from his seat in a hurry.

"Where? Why?"

He didn't even wait to explain anything and just sprinted out of the house. Zack ran behind him, not before yelling at Max and Liam to watch over me.

But what about our shoppi-

"But what about our shopping trip?" Max just said my thought.

"Seriously? That's what you are most worried about?" Liam looked disappointed.

"Well, I can't be worried about something I don't know." Max shrugged.

"Fair point." I added.

"What should we do then?" Liam asked.

"I really want to take a shower." I tugged at Max's shirt.

"Um...I could lend you my clothes for now?" Max Suggested.

"Really?"

"We have no other option..."

"Right."

"Come with me then. I'll give you the clothes and you can shower in my room, meanwhile....."

He glanced at Liam and smirked. "I would go and get us some coconut ice cream!" He giggled.

"Hell yes!" I cheered, joining him in his goofy mood.

"What are you two? 8 year olds?" Liam frowned.

"What are you? An 80 year old grandpa?" I bluntly asked.

Max and I shared a chuckle while Liam didn't look as amused.

"But seriously... What's wrong with ice cream?" Max asked his friend.

"Nothing is wrong with ice cream... The problem is the coconut in it."

"Oh hush Liam. C'mon Jen."

Max took my hand and led me to his room, leaving a sighing Liam behind.  His room was painted with blue and white walls and was surprisingly very clean.

His bed looked so cozy... Well anything would be more cozy than that mattress I had to sleep on in that stinky basement.

"Here." Max handed me a grey T-shirt and black sweatpants, stopping my observation of his room.