Chapter 12- French fries

Two days. It took two days for my face to go back to normal. And in these two days, everytime Zack saw me, he would smirk feeling proud of his art piece while I would playfully punch him in the arm. His own face also got better from the bruises Max had given him.

They would leave in the morning for school and return in the evening. I was just waiting for my face to go back to normal before going back to school because, of course, when people would have seen me, they would have definitely asked what was wrong. And I hate being the centre of attention. My parents didn't even call back to check if I was Okay. They just shut me out of their lives. While these boys accepted me as a part of their own.

I learnt a lot about the boys' lives in these days. Their friendship with each other would just warm up my heart. Max is a silly and weird one like me. Liam is just sweet. Zack is aggressive and authoritative. Damien is just quiet and reserved to himself most of the time.

***

"Jennifer, wake up!" I woke up to someone shaking me. I turned over to see Max and Liam standing beside my bed. "What?" I asked while rubbing my eyes and yawned.

"We are going out for shopping today." Max said excitedly.

"I don't want to go." I said.

"What? Why?" Max frowned.

"Why not?"

"But you were the one to suggest it initially."

"Well, um.. That was actually my plan to escape from you guys. I thought if we were out in the public it would be easy for me to escape."

"That was smart." We all turned to look up at Zack who was leaning on the door frame. He walked over to us and stood in between Liam and Max and stared down at me.

The three of them were hovering over me while I was taking turns in staring at each of them.

"C'mon, Jen. It will be fun. You can also stop wearing my clothes then." Max tried to persuade me.

"Well, we are skipping school today so we might as well go and hang out together." Liam added.

"Fine." I sighed. "So all of us are going?" I asked realising that Damien would be going too. The thought of hanging out with him made me jump out of the bed.

"No. I am not going." Damien said while entering the room. He looked like he just came out of the shower because his dark brown hair were wet. He was wearing dark blue jeans and a red t shirt. I felt disappointed by this news but didn't let it show.

"Why not?" Zack asked.

"I had already told you, Zack. I have a soccer match today and as the captain of my team, I have to be there."

"You play soccer?!" I said with twinkling eyes and an amused smile. Damien chuckled at my expression and the sound of his chuckle was so soothing. This guy was making it hard for me to not fall for him.

"Yes, Jennifer. I do." It felt amazing to hear my name from his tongue. "You guys go and have fun. See you later." And with that, he left.

"Did you guys see that too?!" Max asked, looking shocked.

"See what?"

"He laughed." Liam said.

"Last time he laughed was at the night they took Celine."

The three of them were staring at each other and then at me. I just shrugged.

***

We all got out of the car and all the female attention fell upon us. Well, upon the boys. Everyone around was dressed in nice clothes while here I am, wearing Max's blue jeans and his black t shirt which was loose on me.