Chapter 18- Ruth

"Zack, are you sure about this?" Damien asked Zack about our kidnapping plan.

I was standing right behind Zack while Damien and Liam were sitting on the couch. Max had gone out for sometime.

"Can I ask whose idea this was?" Liam asked.

"Mine!" I peeked over Zack's shoulder to see them and grinned.

"I don't think we should do this." Liam said to Damien who was looking at Zack.

"Why not? We've done this before." Zack said glancing over his shoulder to look at me.

"Yeah, but-" Liam started but I cut him off. "Don't tell me that kidnapping me was a mistake!" I glared at him in warning. He chuckled and shook his head.

***

After a lot of convincing and debating by Zack and I, Damien and Liam finally gave in.

"Where's Max? It's been so long since he went out." I asked to no one in particular.

"Relax, he often goes missing for hours. He'll come back soon." Liam dismissed.
.
.
.

"See, already found the prey!" Zack smirked.

We all looked over at where Zack was looking and saw a young girl, around our age, sitting alone on the pavement.

"Look at her clothes and that bracelet, she seems rich." Zack observed.

"Why is she sitting all alone on a pavement this late at night?" I wondered.

"Isn't it good? This makes our work easy." Zack swung his arm around my neck, smirking.

I looked at Damien who didn't look much interested in this, just like he had been during my kidnapping.

"So, how are we doing this?" Liam asked Zack.

"Let me go and talk to her to distract her while you guys can attack her from behind." I suggested.

Zack, Liam and Damien all stared at me in amusement.

"I guess watching a lot of crime movies does things to your brain." I shrugged. 

***

I quietly walked up to the girl to notice that she was crying.

Why is she crying?

How do I know?

Ask her.

"Hey. Are you alright?" I asked her in a soft voice.

She looked at me and I smiled.

"No, I am not." Her voice broke.

"May I ask why you are sitting all alone here this late at night?"

"Why are you talking to me?" She stared up at me through her glossy eyes.

"I didn't like seeing you sitting here all alone. I know how bad loneliness is, trust me." I smiled at her again and this time, she gave me a sad smile back.

Before she could open her mouth to reply, Zack immediately covered her mouth from behind and started dragging her towards our car with Liam's help.

The girl looked at me with teary eyes. She looked betrayed and I immediately looked away from her in guilt.

Zack injected something in her neck just like he had done to me and she slowly started getting unconscious.

***

"I don't think we should do this." We were all standing in front of that girl who was tied to the chair in the basement.

"What do you mean? It was your idea." Zack gave me a blank look.