Chapter 7- Lost

Liam's POV:

"Jennifer, are you done?" I called out for the third time now. I was waiting for her to get changed as I stood outside Max's room, beside the door, leaning on the wall with my arms crossed in front of my chest.

I received no reply again. My eyebrows scrunched up as I found the silence coming from the room suspicious.

What was this girl doing?

Did she sleep? Or faint? But why would she faint?

Maybe she saw that 'pet' spider in Max's room which he refused to kill because it gave him company.

The world is filled with weird people.

But who faints upon seeing a spider?

Seriously, what was this girl doing?

"Jennifer?"

Silence.

Wait.

Did she-

Oh shit!

I didn't think anymore then. What I feared happening, happened. She escaped! She jumped off from the window?! Oh hell no! What will I do now? Zack will kill me! How did she even have the guts to do that? We told Zack to be polite but he just doesn't listen to us! It's all his fault now!

I ran to my room to get the keys to Max's room and almost broke the door down.

I scanned the room, checked the bathroom, heck I even looked under the bed and behind the curtains. But she was no where to be seen.

My eyes fell upon the window which was wide open and my fears were confirmed.

She really jumped.

Awesome.

What now?

You dumb moron she went into the forest, go and find her!

I ran out of the house and started yelling out her name. I couldn't make out which way she ran. Was she a fast runner? Doesn't seem like it.

I stood below Max's window and then looked straight. Yes, this is probably the way she went! So I followed after her in that direction too, sprinting into the woods as fast as my legs could take me.

Taking out my phone from my pocket, I called Max to inform him about our soon approaching death because the hostage ran away.

Weirdo picked after five rings.

"What?" He said, annoyance dripping from his voice as he continued. "Firstly, I can't find any coconut ice cream and then-"

"Max! She- She ran!" I cut off his unnecessary rambling before it could start, focusing on the important issue here.

I huffed, it was difficult to run, breathe, talk and talk to a moron.

"What?"

"Jennifer!"

"What Jennifer? What happened to her? Is she Okay?" He demanded in a concerned voice. I didn't fail to notice his immediate attachment to that girl which was so weird. But then again, what about Max is not weird?

"Max! Jennifer forested into the escape!"

"What?"

"What?"

"What did you just say?"

"Jennifer fore- Jennifer escaped into the forest you dimwit!" I yelled, wanting to punch myself for letting her grab the opportunity to make such a move.