Chapter 39- 14 Days

I woke up gasping and panting heavily. I wiped off the sweat from my face and hugged my knees as I sat on the bed and started crying silently.

"Jennifer? Hey, are you Okay?" Charlotte gently asked me and sat up as well. She switched on the lamps and gasped when she saw my messy state.

"Oh my god, Jennifer? What happened?!" She frantically asked while rubbing my arm.

"I saw a nightmare char." I cried and hugged her tightly.

She rubbed my back, trying to calm me down. "It's Okay, Jen. You're safe. I am here with you. Calm down." She pulled away and poured some water into the glass from the jug and handed it to me.

I gulped the water down and tried to focus on my breathing instead of the nightmare.

I sat there silently, not saying anything and Charlotte didn't pester me, which I was grateful for.

Once I was calm, I turned to look at her. She had worriness written all over her face.

"In my nightmare, someone was dragging me into darkness by grabbing my ankle..."

Charlotte nodded. She didn't knew about my fear of being grabbed by my ankle. I had told about that to only Zack.

"I was crying and begging the person to stop but they didn't. They tied me in chains and started beating and torturing m-" I choked on a sob.

"Its okay, Jen. You don't have to tell me about it if you don't want to. But it was just a nightmare. You're safe here. All of us are here with you. We won't let anything happen to you." She smiled reassuringly.

"What time is it?" I asked.

Charlotte checked her phone. "5:17 a.m." She yawned and I giggled.

"Sorry to ruin your sleep." I apologised.

"Hey. It's Okay. Don't think twice of waking me up if it happens again."

"Thanks, Char. I'll just go out for a walk." I started getting out of the bed.

"No. What if you get lost in that forest?"

"I won't. Don't worry and just sleep." I didn't stay there to hear her reply and quietly walked out of the house.

You did get lost in this forest remember?

Yeah. I can never forget that caterpillar and spidey.

The wind blew, making me shiver. It was winter time now...why did I just come out in my pajamas?

Because you are-

Dumb. I know.

I started walking and noticed my surroundings. The chirping birds and the beautiful dawn sky.

I was quietly humming to myself when I saw a silhouette of a person coming towards my direction.

I froze.... There was a figure dragging me in my dream-

Jennifer breathe. Calm down.

He tied me to chains and-

No. Don't think about that Jennifer.

They were beating me. I was bleeding. There was blood all around-

All you have to do is scream and everyone will be here if anything happens, relax Jennifer.

"Jennifer?" The person called and I immediately relaxed.

That voice..

Zack ran up to me and held my face in his hands. "What are you doing here? At this time?"