Chapter 42- Doom

Charlotte's POV:

"I am so sorry, Jennifer. I am so very sorry. Please forgive me." I kept mumbling the same thing over and over again.

Tears were streaming down my face and my body was giving up because of all the running I was doing. But my only aim right now is to reach home and tell everyone about Jennifer so that we can get her back.

How can she just sacrifice herself like that?! Why did she ask me to run away? And why the hell did I comply?! I am such a terrible friend to just leave her alone like that.

Why didn't that girl tell any of us about those stupid messages?! I mean, how can she just ignore that?!

What's wrong in this girl's head?!

I collapsed down on the ground, no longer able to even walk. My legs gave up and I was terribly gasping for air. With my shaking hands, I took out my phone from my pocket and dialled Liam's number.

"Char? Is everything okay?" He softly asked me over the phone.

Hearing his voice made me break down in sobs. "L-Liam." I managed to stutter out.

"Charlotte? What happened?! Why are you crying?! And where's Jennifer?" Liam frantically asked.

"Liam.. J-Jennifer.. She is.." I choked on a sob and tried to calm down my breathing.

"Where are you, Char?! I am coming to pick you guys up." I gave him my location as I waited by the roadside for him to show up.

Where would Jennifer be right now? Is she okay? How will we get her back?!

After what seemed like 10 minutes, Liam showed up. 

"Charlotte?!" Liam's voice broke my chain of thoughts.

I got up to move over to him but my legs trembled and just as I was about to fall down, Liam grabbed me.

"Charlotte what happened?! And where the hell is Jennifer?!"

"She's kidnapped!" I wailed.

*****

"Zack will kill me." I muttered to Liam as he parked the car.

"No Char. Why would he do that?" Liam placed his hands on my cheeks, moving away the strands of hair that had fallen over my face.

"Because he had asked to come with us but I declined! Then I just left her there alone! It's all my fault! I shouldn't have gone to shopping with her alone!" I cried and Liam pulled me to his chest.

"Don't worry, Char. We are a family and we will find Jennifer and bring her back. My sister would be fine." He smiled.

I kept my head down as we walked inside the house. Liam's arm was wrapped around my shoulder, providing me with the much needed comfort.

They were all sitting there, talking and laughing in the living room, just like they had been when me and Jennifer left.

"Liam? Charlotte?" Zack called out to us.

I felt him standing up from the couch. He's looking for Jennifer. How will I tell him what happened?

"Where's Jennifer?" Zack asked in worry.

I didn't say anything and just stared at my feet. My eyes were already filled with tears and my throat felt heavy.

"I am asking you! Where is Jennifer, Charlotte?!" Zack gripped my shoulders, forcing me to look up at him.

His stern expression changed into that of worry when he saw my tear stained face.

"Wh-Why is she crying? Liam, where is Jennifer?" The fear was so evident in Zack's voice.