Chapter 51- Back home

Zack's POV:

"She was repeatedly beaten by belts, which explains the scars on her arms, back and legs. Her stomach was sliced by a knife and her wrists and ankles are also bruised due to being tied up in chains for a long time. Most of the scars on her body are fresh but there are a few faded scars as well. It also appears that she wasn't given proper food as her body is so weak." The doctor explained to us.

I felt rage coursing through every vein of my body upon hearing the torture Marcus made her go through. My fists were tightly clenched on my sides as I was trying so hard not to murder someone.

Damien was looking really worried for Jennifer while Liam, he seemed to be on the verge of tears. Tristan appeared to be just as angry as I was, leaning against a wall with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

Max however, was just sitting quietly staring down. He hadn't spoken a word to any of us since we got Jennifer here.

"But is she alright doctor?" Liam asked.

"Physically she is fine. It will take a few weeks for her body to heal completely but she's fine. However, she seems to be in a traumatic mental state. She didn't reply to anything that I had been saying to her."

"Can we see her?" I asked impatiently.

"You can but she's not responding to anything and I would suggest you to let her rest." The doctor said and walked away to deal with other patients.

"I think it's better if we all don't go inside together. She'll be overwhelmed." Damien adviced and Tristan nodded.

"You three go first." Tristan suggested referring to Max, Liam and me.

I didn't wait any longer and went inside her room. Jennifer was sitting on the hospital bed, in a blue hospital gown, staring into space with no emotions on her face.

"Jennifer?" I said and sat beside her, taking her hand in mine. She didn't respond. It seemed like she didn't even hear me.

"Jen?" Liam tried but failed. "Please say something." He pleaded but Jennifer was still emotionlessly staring away from us.

"She was such a cheerful girl. Look what they turned her into." Liam's voice wavered and he left the room in tears.

I kept my hand on Jennifer's cheek, turning her face to look at me. Her crystal blue eyes, which used to sparkle with mischief and happiness once, now appeared to be dark and dead.

Her soft pink lips, which used to curl up to form a cute smile or grin whenever she used to look at me, were now pressed together in a straight line.

Her beautiful black hair, were a tangled mess now.

She was so much skinnier than her chubby form.

"Please, say something." I softly said but she just kept staring into my eyes and then looked away. I pulled her onto my chest and put my arm around her shoulder.

Max hadn't come inside the room and I think I know why. It was painful enough for him to see his sister being tied up in chains in that abandoned building, covered in bruises and blood.

"Casper." Jennifer slowly whispered after a few minutes of silence.

I think she's traumatised by his death more than the torment she was in.

"Who killed him, Jennifer? Who killed Casper?" I know it was a dangerous question to ask her in this state but I was desperate to hear her say something. Anything.

"M-Marcus. He s-stabbed him, right in front of me... I c-couldn't do anything..." A tear flowed down her cheek but I quickly wiped it away.

"It wasn't your fault. You were tied up." I gently caressed her hair.