Chapter 5- Shopping

Waking up the next morning, the first thing I did was to get up and run to see if the door was unlocked. But I received no such luck. My parents think this was a joke going on.

I thought the same at first but now I know that this isn't.

Max and Liam were still fine but that Zack, that guy is utter nuts. Being in his presence makes me shiver and not in a good way. His devilishly handsome looks and strong build give him just the perfect intimidating aura.

Damien was another story. I don't really understand him. He seemed to be the most calm and composed one out of the four boys.

Still in my thoughts, I was searching around the basement for some windows or any form of escape but found none. When I heard the sound of the door opening, my mind immediately went to Max, expecting him to enter and greet me with that nervous smile of his, but when Zack entered, I froze.

He moved his eyes to fix their gaze on me. Tilting his head in mock curiosity, he smirked. I gulped when his steps made their way towards me after locking the door, taking all the leisure in the world as if he relished in my frightened features.

Subconsciously, I walked backwards to create space between us. But I realised sooner that it was a dumb mistake. I felt like a stupid rat who walked straight into the trap.

My back touched the wall and his smirk grew bigger.

"Where will you go now?"

Leaning down to my height, he left minimal to no space between our bodies. He raised his hands to rest them on either side of my head on the wall and looked right into my eyes, moving his eyes all over my features to ingrain every single detail in mind.

"Please let me go. I will not tell anyone about you guys. I promise..." I said in a small voice as I tried to get away from him. But this human was heavy and much too scary to move.

Those cheek burning slaps are something I'll never forget.

"So let me tell you about my plan, Jennifer since you're a part of it." He completely ignored my pleas, not even blinking at what I just said.

"What p-plan?"

"Shut your mouth and listen." He scowled.

I obliged, quickly nodding wordlessly. The faster he's done, the faster I'll be away from him. I really wished Max or heck, even Liam was here.

Those guys make me feel safe but this one in front of me scares the dead shit out of me.

"I'll torture you, make a video of it, send it to your parents, call them, maybe they'll call me themselves after seeing that this isn't a fucking joke going on and then I'll ask for the money. And then-" He pretended to think as he looked me over.

Tilting his face to move his lips near to my ear, he whispered, "I'll just kill you." He chuckled, enjoying the way my eyes widened in fear.

"What the fish?! Why?!"

"Fish?"

"I don't swear... That's an alternative..." I mumbled. "'Shit' is an exception." I shrugged.

"You're even weirder than Max." He muttered with an eye roll.

"Anyway, I'll kill you because you have seen all our faces."

"Maybe learn how to properly kidnap someone... Usually they cover their faces with black masks or something.. Any person with common sense would do that actually-"

My breath hitched in my throat and I halted my unnecessary ramble when he grabbed my throat to stop my speech.

"Nah nah.. Continue.. What were you saying about us lacking common sense.." He challenged, eyes glaring daggers.