Chapter 50- Goodbye Casper

I was drowning in my misery, hugging my knees as my tears had dried out, when Casper quickly rushed inside the room.

He was looking really nervous as he approached me.

"Here. Call them quick." he said while handing me a phone.

"Casper? How did you manage to-"

"We don't have time Jennifer. Call them quickly." He interrupted me.

I nodded and tried to remember Max's phone number.

I dialed the number and put the phone to my ear, hoping that it was the right number.

After a few rings, someone picked up.

"Hello? Max?" I asked into the phone.

"Um. Sorry, but who's this?" A lady answered.

"Sorry, wrong number." I hung up and tried again.

The second number was out of service.

"I don't remember Max's number!" I cried.

"Try someone else." Casper kept his hand on my shoulder.

I tried to remember Zack's phone number but couldn't remember the last two digits.

"I can't remember, Casper." I cried, clutching the phone to my chest.

"Jennifer, calm down and try to remember, please." Casper pulled me in a hug, rubbing my back. "I am trying but I can't." I sniffled.

He pulled back and kept his hands on my cheeks. "Look into my eyes, forget about everything else for a moment." he softly said.

I did what he asked me to, I stared into his green eyes which were staring back into mine with a certain intensity.

"Just keep yourself calm. Try to remember someone's number. Anyone who can help you, Jennifer." He wiped my cheeks and slowly started leaning closer to my face.

"I am sorry for this." He whispered before his soft lips touched mine.

I was taken aback by his actions but didn't push him away. It was just a simple kiss, enough to melt my heart and calm me down a bit.

Casper's cheeks were red and he avoided to look into my eyes. "Only you can help yourself now, Jennifer." He said.

I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate on getting the right number.

I started typing away the numbers on the dial pad and crossed my fingers. I put the phone to my ear and closed my eyes.

It was answered after three rings.

"Hello?" Max answered and my eyes fluttered open.

"Max!" I immediately broke down in tears. Hearing his voice made me realise how much I had missed him.

"Jennifer?! Oh my god! Where are you Jennifer? Are you okay?! Tell me, sister please!" He frantically started rambling.

"Get me out of here, Max. Please." I cried as Casper rubbed my arms, trying to comfort me.

"Where are you, Jen!? Please tell me?!" Max cried.

However, before I could reply, the door of the room barged open and there stood, Chris and Marcus glaring at us.

"Hello? Jennifer? Please answer me?! Jennifer are you okay?!" Max continued speaking but I was too stunned to utter anything. Casper quickly shielded me from the two monsters.

"Jenni-" Max spoke but the call ended because the battery died.

"No!" I whispered and tried to switch on the phone again but it was no use.