Chapter 32- The truth

"Zack." I called out. I don't know why his name was the first to come to my mind.

He immediately rushed to me, looking confused. He followed my gaze and stared at my phone.

"Pick up and put it on speaker." I did as asked.

"Mom-"

"JENNIFER!"

"Hey, mo-"

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED IN MY HOUSE?! WHERE IS ALL THE CASH AND MY JEWELRY AND FURNITURE AND YOUR STUPID CAR?!"

That's what she is most concerned about. She isn't grateful that I am alive. She isn't worried if I am alright. She doesn't care where in the world I am. All this woman here cares about is, her damn house.

"SPEAK UP, JENNIFER! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY DAMN HOUSE?!"

I felt tears stinging my eyes. I wanted to yell and shout at her but I wasn't able to say anything.

Hearing all her screaming, the others had also joined us and were staring from me to Zack to the phone in my hand.

"You don't care how I am? If I am Okay? Where I am? Aren't you happy that I am still alive to answer your call?" I whispered softly to the phone as tears welled up in my eyes.

Zack put his arm around my waist in a comforting manner. His other hand was clenched into a tight fist.

"JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU DID TO MY HOUSE?! I WANT EVERYTHING BACK RIGHT NOW!"

"I can't get it back."

"WHAT?! WHY NOT?! JENNIFER! COME BACK HOME!" She yelled and hung up.

I broke down in tears and Zack hugged me tightly. "She doesn't care one bit about me." I whispered quietly.

"Jennifer, we are going to your house. I want to show that damn woman her right place." Zack said through gritted teeth. I could feel the rage that emanated off from him. He was pissed.

"Zack's right." Max said and looked at me.

***

"Come on, Jennifer. Just give her some good piece of your mind. And if you don't feel like it, I'll gladly do so on your behalf." Charlotte said as she pushed me towards the door of my home.

My home? Is it?

"They can't do anything. I am right beside you." Max encouraged me.

I took a deep breath and opened the door. It was unlocked.

I went inside with the others following right behind me. The house was all gloomy and empty. Just like my relationship with my 'parents'.

"Dad? Mom?" I called out. We were all inside now and Zack had locked the door.

We aren't in the mood to give my neighbours any free drama.

They came rushing down the stairs, both looking equally furious.

They looked up to see me and opened their mouths to shout, but stopped as they froze upon seeing the 6 people with me.

But something was weird.

They were staring in shock in particular at Max.

"K-Kyle?!" Dad said looking horrified at Max. Mom nudged him hard and shushed him down.

"Who's Kyle? I am Max." Max said as he looked over his shoulder to see behind. Zack and Liam led out sighs.

"You- you're Kyle." Dad said.

"What? I don't understand. How do you even know me?!" Max looked confused.

"You're Jennifer's twin brother! Kyle!" Dad cried out. "But you were dead!" Mom turned to glare at dad angrily.