Chapter 49- Broken promises

"How could she?" Damien whispered in a broken voice. Every single person present in the room right now was just too shocked to speak.

Zack rubbed Damien's back, seeming to be lost in thoughts himself.

"Why.. Why did she..." Damien collapsed down on the couch.

All this while when Tristan and I explained everything to them and showed them the proofs, Celine didn't come down.

"I am going to get Celine." Liam muttered and left.

"Jennifer had told me about everything she was doing but I never expected Celine to be capable of doing something like this." Max shook his head in disbelief.

"I always went against all of you guys for her. And this is what she does to me?" Damien said in a hurtful voice, seeming to be on the verge of tears.

"I always gave her everything she ever wanted. Always kept her wishes before mine. Always kept her happiness first. We're both so young to be parents but I still accepted the child. All for her! And this is what she gives to me in return?! Betrayal?!"

"Calm down, Damien. It's not your fault." Zack sat down beside him.

"I am not able to comprehend this, Zack. How can she do that to me? All these years that we have been together. That wasn't a lie! I love her! She said she loves me too!"

"Guys!" Liam came running down the staircase. "Celine escaped!"

"WHAT?!" Came a chorused response from us.

"She couldn't have gone too far." Tristan said and took a few men with him to search for the witch.

"This isn't my Celine." Damien said and followed after Tristan and the others.

"She destroyed everything." Zack clenched his fists and got up.

"I don't care if she's Damien's girlfriend or if she has a kid in her belly, I am going to kill her the moment I see her and that's a promise."

"Not only did she hurt Jennifer but she broke my best friend's heart too. Damien might forgive her for this but I will never."

Zack went up to his room, leaving us alone.

"I just want my sister back." Max rubbed his temples and went outside.

"This is all such a nightmare, Liam. We were all so happy just a few weeks back and now?" Liam pulled me in his arms, comforting me with his warm embrace.

"It's going to be alright, Char. Every nightmare ends. This one will end too."

"And I know this isn't the best time but look what I got for you." He took out a box from his pocket as I looked at him in confusion.

"What's this?" I asked, taking the box from him.

"Open it."

I gasped when I opened the box and saw the bracelet my mom had given to me before she passed away. The one that witch had broken.

"Liam..." I broke down in tears as I took the bracelet in my hands again. I held it to my chest as my mother's face appeared in mind.

"Thank you." I cried on Liam's chest as he kissed the top of my head.

"Anything for you, Char."

Zack's POV:

It was Celine all along. Charlotte was right. But why did she do that to Jennifer?! And how can she betray Damien? I can't believe I used to like this girl. But she was just... So different before Jennifer and Charlotte came.