Chapter 47- Cruel and Heartless

Zack's POV:

I was sitting in my room, going through my plan. It's really reckless and it puts even more danger for Jennifer but I just can't sit around and do nothing when she's there suffering all alone.

I know Marcus. He's a cruel shithole who would stop at nothing to get what he wants. I've seen him mercilessly kill children and women. He spares no one.

And my Jennifer is trapped in his claws. I had promised her that I would not let anything happen to her but I failed to keep my promise.

"Zack?" I turned to look at Isabella standing at the door of my room. She had a tray of food in her hand.

"No. I don't want to eat anything, Bella. And you won't convince me otherwise." I stated.

"Shut up." She said and sat beside me on the bed. "Look at yourself. I don't want my handsome son to look like a zombie." She said and kept her hand on my cheek. "I know you're worried about her, Zack. But not eating anything won't bring her back to you. You're just making your health worse."

"You don't know them, Bella! Do you think they would be giving her any food?!" I said and looked away.

"Zack. I know exactly how cruel they are. But do you think Jennifer would be happy to know that you're not taking care of yourself because of her?"

"No... She won't be." I muttered.

"Exactly. Now, please eat something son."

Isabella raised her hand to feed me but I stopped her. "Mom, you don't have to baby feed me-" I stopped in mid sentence as I realised what I had just called her.

"What did you just call me?" Isabella asked with widened eyes. "Sorry, Bella. I didn't mean to-"

"No.... I loved when you called me that." Her eyes moistened with tears and she hugged me.

"So....It's okay if I call you mom?" I hesitantly asked while hugging her back.

"No. It's not okay."

"It's wonderful!" She said and kissed my forehead.

"Alright. I'll eat this but you don't have to feed me yourself, mom."

Both of us were staring at each other with teary eyes. I never thought it would feel this amazing to finally be able to call someone mom. And it's possible only because of that silly girl who has stolen my heart. I'd forever be thankful to Jennifer for this.

After I was almost done eating, we both heard Max yelling downstairs like a maniac.

Isabella and I rushed down to see Max pulling his hair and yell some curses.

"What happened?" I asked as I approached him.

"This happened." Liam gave me Max's phone. Damien was looking really tensed and Charlotte was crying.

My eyes widened as I looked at the screen of the phone. The blood in my veins started boiling and all I felt at that moment was to squeeze the life out of Marcus.

It was a picture of Jennifer, tied up in chains, all bloodied and bruised up. She appeared to be unconscious as her hair covered her face.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" I yelled and grabbed Max by his arm and started dragging him outside.

"What the fuck are you doing?! Have you lost it?" Max tried to get out of my hold.

"I will kill all of them! Tell the mafia to get ready we don't have time to waste anymore!" I ordered.