Chapter 20-Welcome back, Celine

We are standing outside Ruth's house which is not just a house... It's a freaking mansion... There aren't any other houses nearby in the neighbourhood and it's all just so beautiful and calm.

 There aren't any other houses nearby in the neighbourhood and it's all just so beautiful and calm

I am dreading this robbery. What if we got caught?

Why do you always focus on the negatives, Jennifer?

It's a common human nature. I can't help it!

"You ready?" Zack asked keeping his hand on my shoulder. I looked at him and nodded.

According to our plan, Ruth, Zack and I, will enter the mansion through Ruth's bedroom window, using a ladder. The necklace is in her dad's room but she doesn't know where exactly in the room it is. Max is still at home because he needs to rest. And Damien and Liam were to keep the butler distracted.

"Jennifer?! Are you even coming?!" Zack whisper yelled at me. I looked up to see that the two of them were already up in Ruth's room while I am still standing down here.

I quickly climbed up the ladder, not even daring to look down because I know if I do, I'll definitely scream and fall down.

So I, very carefully, climbed up the ladder and landed in Ruth's room. I flew my arms up in the air and whispered a low "Yay".

I looked around to see Ruth's bedroom and it was beautiful! It was simple but it was just perfect.

Just then we heard the doorbell

Just then we heard the doorbell. It was Damien and Liam. I hope they do their work well.

"Dad's usually not home during this time of the day. The gardener and a few servants are at leave. It's just our butler, cook and probably 3 maids in the house. We have to be careful guys." Ruth said while I was wiping the sweat off my forehead.

Zack looked amused and it pissed me off.

"Why are you so happy?" I snapped at him.

"I've done this before... Many times." Zack shrugged.

This guy and his confidence!

"Dad's room is downstairs so please be careful."

We tiptoed down the stairs and I saw a glimpse of the butler and the boys talking. Looks like they're doing good.