Chapter 37- Be my girlfriend

Hey guys! I am back :)

Sorry for the late update. I just got busy with life and stuff yeah...

Anyways, long chapter ahead..
__________________________________

"Everything should be absolutely perfect!" Isabella repeated for the umpteenth time today at everyone.

She had sent Zack and Damien somewhere to do some of the mafia work so that they could be away from the house while we decorate it.

"It's their 18th birthday. They have become adults now! Everything. Should. Be. Perfect!" She yelled the last line in Max's direction while giving him a stern look as he stumbled while carrying the stuff she had asked him to get. Max being Max, gave her his cheeky grin.

Out of all of us, Zack was somehow Isabella's favourite much to Max's jealousy. They seemed to have clicked right from the start. Zack loved Isabella as he would have loved his real mother.

"I never had to do this much work for their birthday before. It was always the same so why are we working so hard this time." Max whined while rubbing his back and giving a pleading look to Isabella.

"Because earlier, you boys didn't have me." Isabella winked. "Now, stop whining and complete the work." She ordered.

"Jennifer. Charlotte and Celine, you girls come with me, we have to prepare the cake." The three of us nodded and followed her to the kitchen.

"Heyyy, Bellaaa." Max came singing inside the kitchen.

"Can I switch places with Charlotte." He gave her his best puppy eyes.

"No." Isabella didn't even spare a look at him. "I want the cake to be perfect. And you will surely ruin it. And besides, Charlotte is the amazing baker here among all of us so, she should definitely be here."

Max pouted and then looked at me.

"Heyyy Jennn. Sisterrr." He sang and approached me. "Can you switch places with m-"

"No. She won't." Isabella stated before Max could complete.

Max sighed in defeat and half turned to leave the kitchen, but being the overly dramatic boy he is-

"You think I don't know how to bake? You must also think that I don't know how to cook. But the truth is, I do. I don't know why you guys always take me as someone who ruins things. I mean, I know I am really silly sometimes and so is Jennifer! But no one tells her to keep out of things such as this! Why is this world so unfair? You know, appearances are often misleading. Looks are deceiving... And all that glitters is not gold."

He finished his nonsensical rambling while dramatically moving his hands up and down after forming a chef's kiss.

"Are you done?" Isabella asked looking least bothered, her hands on her hips.

"Yeah." Max replied, imitating her posture.

"Go help Liam then. The poor boy is working alone."

"First, he's a poor boy for you but not me, me who is working non stop since the first rays of the sun fell upon the world? Second, He's not working alone."

"Before I lose it, Max. Go." Isabella gave him a motherly death glare that made Max shut up and finally leave.

"He's so like Andrew." Isabella whispered underneath her breath and then sighed.

***

"Why in the world is no one ready yet?! They must be here in an hour or so!" The whole mansion shook by Isabella's yelling.