Chapter 31- Amusement Park

"Guys! I'm getting bored." Max whined after stuffing his mouth with banana chips.

"So am I." Charlotte sighed joining Max on the couch.

"What are you doing, Zack?" I shivered because he was writing something on my back with his fingers.

"Nothing?" He whispered in my ear and rested his hands on my waist.

"Hey!" Max yelled, jumping up from the couch causing Charlotte to flinch and glare at him.

"How about we go to the amusement park? It's been so long." Max suggested and we all considered the idea.

"Yes guys, let's go. It'll be fun." Charlotte said getting up from the couch too.

"I have no problem." Zack said. "What about you, baby?" He whispered in my ear and kissed the side of my neck causing a shiver to go down my spine.

"Yeah sure. Let's go."

******

"I'll be fine, D. I'm not a little girl. You go and enjoy yourself." Celine was trying to convince Damien to go with us as she cannot go because she had an appointment with the doctor.

"How can I enjoy myself when you are not there with me and besides, I can't let you go alone." Damien argued back.

"But I won't be alone. Emilie will be with me. You know you can trust my best friend."

After a few minutes of arguing which seemed like hours, Damien finally agreed.

"What about Coco?" Liam asked glancing at Max.

"I've already taken care of that." Max grinned.

Liam raised an eyebrow at Max, urging him to elaborate.

"Eric will take care of her." Max's grin increased upon saying Eric's name. He seems to really trust Eric because Max is just so overprotective of Coco that he doesn't even allow us to touch her before washing our hands. She is only allowed to be fed with the cat food that Max buys.

*****

"Wow. I am surprised the crowd isn't much here." Zack commented.

I couldn't have been more grateful to see so less humans in a place like this.

"I want to go to every ride here." Charlotte said with twinkling eyes and Liam chuckled at her.

The both of them went away leaving the four of us behind.

"Hey, Damien! Look! You remember that you used to win that game from me every time?" Max said while pointing to a shooting game not far away from us.

"So, let's continue the tradition, Maxy." Damien grinned and I subconsciously smiled upon seeing his beautiful grin.

"What do you want to do, J?" Zack asked putting his arm around my shoulder. "I don't know." I shrugged.

"Let's go to the haunted house then." He smirked. "I'm not afraid of ghosts." I said smirking back at him.

***

"Ah!" I flinched back keeping my hand on my chest.

"Not scared of ghosts." Zack mumbled in between his chuckles.

"This skeleton just appeared in front of me out of nowhere.... I just got.. Startled." I gave him my pathetic excuse which only caused him to laugh louder.

As we walked deeper into the haunted house, the ghostly whispers and painful screams also got louder. Throughout the walk, I kept my arm wrapped around Zack's arm and he just looked so smug.