Chapter 43- Dark room

These guys brought me to a very dark room with no windows and just a single bed.

The smell here was already horrendous and I swear I'd heard a rat squeak.

"Don't you have a room dirtier than this?!" I sarcastically muttered to Gage.

He didn't say anything and instead taped my mouth with a duct tape.

"Mm gme gis khing umph ai oumph." I mumbled against the tape.

Gage gave me a very annoyed look and closed his eyes and sighed. "I am so done with my life and this job." He mumbled to himself and left me alone in the room, slamming the door shut.

My hands and legs were still tied and even my mouth was taped shut. I can't even shout.

I noticed my surroundings, to see for something useful but found nothing. The only source of light here was the removed brick near the top of a wall. The door was a metal door, probably locked from the outside.

Great.

There's no escape from here.

What will you do now?

What can I do now?

Nothing.

Exactly. I just hope Zack finds me.

How will he do that?

How do I know?! I just know that.. He will! He has to!

I wasn't scared until now. But realising the extent of the situation, I am starting to feel hopeless.

Being tied up with ropes and a stupid tape shutting my mouth, sitting in a dark room with no escape and possibly being accompanied by rats, is making me shiver in panic.

This room was so cold and I am all alone here.

What will I do?

Except express out muffled sobs and cries.

*****

Charlotte's POV:

It has been 4 hours since that phone call with Jennifer.

Zack has been trying to call her with Max's phone since he had smashed his own on the wall.

"The phone is fucking switched off!" Zack grunted and threw the phone at Max, who struggled to catch it.

"Do any of you have any idea of who might have done this?" Damien asked us in expectation.

"I don't fucking know?!" Zack yelled and plopped down on the couch, covering his eyes with one hand while his other hand was balled into a tight fist.

Damien sat on the couch beside Zack and kept a hand on his shoulder. "Zack, please... You need to relax and think with a clear mind. I know you're worried, we all are, but being angry won't help us in any way." He slowly said to him. Everyone was silent for a few minutes.

Then the silence was interrupted by quiet cries, which were surprisingly coming from Zack.

He looked down at his shoes and was crying, trying to suppress his emotions but failed. "I just want her back, Damien. Please bring my Jennifer back." Zack mumbled in a broken voice.

Damien quickly pulled him into a hug and was trying to calm him down.

Seeing Zack so broken and hurt, my tears returned again.

If it was anyone I'd expected to never cry in their life, it was Zack. He was always so authoritative and had a strong demeanor that I could have never imagined to see him cry.