The End of One, Marks the Start of Another

'______' ----> Thoughts

"_____" ----> Dialogues

OC name ----> Reyana

OC nickname -----> Rey

"Come on, Rey. The others are already there!"
"I know Patri, but stop dragging my hand. I can walk just fine"
"Fine, I'll grab your tail then. " Parti said smugly
"Don't you even dare!"

"Patri, stop bothering her. My my~ you look wonderful Reyana" Fana said hugging her from the side.
"I know, you are looking as pretty as ever" she replied smiling kindly.
"Yet I wonder why we both are still single." Fana said sighing while reyana laughed lightly at her antics

"Maybe you're both single because you haven't noticed 2 handsome elves right in front of you"
Rhya said as he came towards them along with Vetto.
"Pfft- Keep dreaming Rhya" Fana spoke smirking.

She wondered why Fana and Patri were still holding both of her arms but didn't question it. Soon the other elves started cheering as Licht and princess Tetia came on top of the podium. Licht looked at Reyana and gave her a warm smile. She returned it along with a thumbs up.

Reyana and Licht were great friends. She had known him ever since he was a baby. Although she was the older one, he acted more mature and wise.
While they were doing their vows, she wondered where the prince was. I mean it was his sister's wedding.

"Hey, where is prince Lumiere?"
"Apparently he said he had some urgent matters to do but told us he will come here as soon as he can" Vetto replied.

Reyana noticed how her ears and tails started twitching uncontrollably. She didn't like this. Her kitsune instinct was telling her to run away right now. But how could she just run away at one of your closest friend's weddings? She tried to catch the attention of Licht but his attention was on his wife. Not that she could blame him for that.

"Hey, you good? You look a bit tense. Your ears and tails are in alert mode." Fana asked.
"That's not a good sign" Patri said looking a bit worried.

Before she could answer, a spell opened up in the sky and started firing. She tried to make a protective shield around everyone but a horrifying realization struck her. She couldn't use her powers.

People were running around frantically and screaming various stuff. The arrow-like things have already struck her twice but she still tried to reach Licht.

Reyana made it to the podium and Licht quickly hugged her while holding his wife.

"Rey please save her... she cannot die. Her child is the result of our dreams. P-please Rey do something."

"Not even my magic is working Licht but I can give her the kitsune blessing. The rest is up to fate"

Licht laid Princess Tetia down and Reyana kneeled next to her. She was starting to feel dizzy and knew she wouldn't make it out. She laid both of her hands on Tetia's stomach and started to chant an ancient blessing.

"Licht...I'm not s-sure if she'll survive but-" before she could continue, she started coughing out blood.

"Rey, oh God. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have-"

"Shut it, Licht, it's not your fault. And I don't wanna hear your apologies at my dying moments"

"You can't die, come on you're a kitsune!"

She gave him a warm smile. Her vision was clouded with black spots. She couldn't even hear properly now. But with her last breath, she spoke.

"She has...twins. one will survive, don't worry. Y-your dreams will be f-fulfilled. Thank you L-Licht. Over t-the 300 years, y-you were one of my closest f-friend.."

Then she was met with bitter darkness.

Reyana's pov~

After who knows how many years, I started to feel warmth again.

'Huh looks like I'm being reincarnated. Finally, I'm bored of just emptiness. Wonder what creature I'll be. I do hope I'm not a plant or something. I'm not keen on becoming a human either, they cause a lot of trouble and have caused me a lot of problems. Let me be a cat or something or even a duck. Heh being a duck would be funny. I can just bite people. Do ducks bite? I'm sure one attacked me over my 300 years. That was one scary strong duck'

I started hearing noises and felt something weird around my body. Something Wet and soft.
Well, this was a weird feeling. I soon saw light and heard cheers.

Cheers of humans?!!

I could barely open my eyes but felt something wrap around my body.
With all the strength I could muster, I opened my eyes

'Please let me be anything but a human...WHY DO I HAVE BABY HUMAN ARMS?!'

Next thing I knew I was crying. Why? Who knows why? Why do babies even cry? Do they not like to be born. I mean I can relate but I'm going off topic.

I can hear various things but it seems that some babies can't hear anything clearly.

Well, this would be an interesting life. If I could, I would have rolled my eyes.

Author's note: This is my very first book and I have no idea what I'm doing. So I welcome all sorts of reviews. Please do tell me how you're feeling about this story. That's all, Hope your pillows and blankets are in perfect temperature.