Royal Knight Tournament

It was the day of the royal knights exam and everyone was feeling pumped up. Many knights from various squads had come to participate and take a chance in the selection.

After everyone had arrived, the Wizard king, Blushroom, and the idiot King appeared in the spotlight to give instructions.

The contest consisted of a tournament called crystal destruction. The knights will be split up into teams of three and each team had to protect their crystals.
The competition seemed simple enough.

I had only arrived after the rules were given, but it didn’t really matter to me.

“Rey! There you are! I thought you were not coming to the competition” Asta spoke as I smiled apologetically.

“Rey, if you’re not in my team then you better watch out for me,” Yuno said to me as he came along with Bell, Klaus, and Mimosa

“Yea, my Yuno is going to show you how strong he is!” Bell said to me sticking out her tongue.

“Ah… well the thing is… I’m not participating” I said nervously chuckling.

“What?!!!” they all shouted in unison.

“But you’re very strong I’m sure you’ll get selected!” Mimosa pleaded with me.

“Guys let me explain. I already got selected due to some reasons.”

“Wait what reasons?” Klaus asked.

“Well the Eye of the Midnight Sun is already after me the Wizard King selected me, without me participating. Although it would be more fun to beat other’s asses”

“Oh, I see…” Noelle said trying to solve her confusion.

“I can’t see at all, what… how-”

“You’re an idiot Asta,” Yuno said shaking his head.

“Now let us announce the teams!”  And a list appeared with many teams consisting of 3 each knight.

Asta was on a team with Mimosa and Xerx Lugner.

“Who’s Xerx Lugner?” Asta asked.

“Never heard of him” I replied.

Just then…

“Oh, my bad! I’m a little late!” someone yelled from above the wall.

He jumped down next to the wizard king and put an arm around him as if they were the best of buds but the vibe they were giving didn’t match with this.

“But I hope our precious and amazing wizard king will forgive me for being a little late”

Is he mocking the wizard king?’

Blushroom fired a spell at him “Step away from him, you cur”

“Who the hell is he?”

“I am Xerx Lugner. It’s a pleasure to meet you all” he said sneering at us.

“Well, Asta, you got your guy,” I said to him.

“OI! Who do you think you are, huh?”

“How dare you act like that after arriving so late?!”

“What you think you’re doing to the Wizard King?!”

“Hey hey, calm down everyone” the wizard king spoke to calm the angry knights.

“Oh right, I guess you all respect the Wizard King but I don’t
Xerx, the cool guy spoke to the crowd without any hesitation.

Xerx approached Asta and extended his hand out.