From People You Know To People You Don't

The water chains finally faded away and by then my arms were hurting from the strain.

“Damn it, when I catch him again, I’m having my pretty revenge”

I walked through one of the passages from one cave to another. After some time, I met a white-cloaked person.

Ha, got one of them’

I thought with a smirk but my smirk faded and shock fell on my face when he turned and faced me.

This white-cloaked member wasn’t a temple mage. This was…a member of the Eye of the Midnight Sun.

He looked at me and whistled, not the catcalling whistle, a signal whistle. Suddenly 3 more members appeared.

“You can surrender girl, there’s no way you can win against all 4 of us”

I laughed and gave a sweet mocking smile “It’s quite funny that you think, the 4 of you can trouble me, much less defeat me”

One of them laughed “The last time, it wasn’t like that. If I remember you fainted with a single hit”

I continued smiling “Oh you poor idiots. Weren’t you scanning the situation back then? But forget about that. Look around you now, not a single one of my friends is present, which means no need to hold back and no one to see what’s going to happen to you”

They looked confused but steadied themselves as my grimoire glowed and powerful daggers appeared.

I didn’t wait for a second and started firing them endlessly. They were blocking it well but I started throwing my blasts as well. It hit one of them directly and made him crash into a wall where he fell unconscious.

I put a shield against their spells and charged with my sword. I sent out a blast using my sword and defeated another one.

Now two of them were left and they circled me while I stood swaying happily with a dangerous glint in my eyes.

One of them jumped directly at me and I stomped the ground using my foot causing the ground to blast underneath him. He crashed right next to me and I put my leg on his chest and pointed my sword at his neck.

I sent out my chains on the remaining one. The chains wrapped around his body and lifted him high and slowly started crushing his bones by binding him tightly.

Speak” I said dangerously to the one beneath me.

“I’m not going to say a-anything!”

“Alright” I pressed the sword against his neck, drawing blood. The chains around the other one tightened making him scream.

“A-Alright stop p-please”

“Speak first. Tell me your entire plan. Now!”

“We came here to get the magic stone. There are many of us a-and your captain and High priest are trapped in a way t-that they can’t come and help you. N-Now please let us go”

“Who’s here with you? There must be a leader.”

The guy below me whimpered in fear and before he could answer, I felt someone else’s strong mana across the entire area. Someone very familiar and I knew at once who was there with them.

“What does he plan?” I asked the mage.

“He plans to get the magic stone a-and k-kill everyone else”

I removed my sword and stepped away from him. I dropped the other guy as well. I stood there contemplating what I should do.

The other two tried to run so I tied them up with chains.