The Forgotten Lesson

“Do you think you can protect these beasts now?” Heath asked ice shards surrounded everyone.

Asta without even hesitating started shattering the shards coming toward us. I smirked at Heath and said “Without a doubt”

With that, I performed a combined attack. My chains rose from the ground shattering the ice near to the ground and at the same time I sent out power blasts destroying shards coming above us.

Asta and Magna destroyed the rest, yet more and more kept coming. We can’t go on like this.

'We have to destroy its source.'

I thought while looking at Heath.

Noelle was trying to help as well but her powers were out of control. I wanted to comfort her
but I really didn’t have any time.

If I lose focus for even a few moments, my power blasts and chains could go in the wrong direction and hurt the innocents.

Damn it, combined magic attacks are so difficult with so many people near me.
We were missing some of the shards and some of the villagers were getting hurt.

I wish I could summon a shield as well, but I'm already using 2 spells at once.

Just then a blue light started shining behind me. I spared a glance behind me to see water rising around us.

Noelle?’

The water rose around us like a circle made out of waves. No, not a circle, it was starting to take the form of a dome.

A shield?! And such a huge one as well. Well done Noelle!’

I thought happily. But that seemed to be an understatement.

The water shield grew even more and not a single shard passed through it.

Holy shit Noelle. That’s magnificent!
I thought in awe.

“I’ll protect them! I'm royalty and a member of black bulls!” Noelle proclaimed to everyone

“Wahh, That’s impressive Noelle” I told her.

“What did I tell you? You can do it if you try.” Magna told her.

The ice mages were astonished to see such power from a Black Bull.

I looked towards Asta to see him charging at Heath.

“I don’t have any magic powers but I'm going to kick your ass!” Asta shouted as he attacked Heath with his sword.

Magna, Noelle and I thought Asta had defeated Heath, but I felt my stomach twist when I saw Heath smirk.

“Asta! Get away from him!” I yelled running towards him.
.
.
.
.
.
Too late.

Just as I had shouted, Asta was struck with a huge ice shard and I felt my heart sink as I saw him fall to the ground, unconscious.

“May you sleep forever” Heath said as he walked away from Asta.

Rage.

Rage that I had not felt for so many years circulated through my veins.
I wasn’t aware of where I was standing or what I was doing.
Only 2 things were processing through my mind.

1-The image of Asta getting struck by ice and falling…

And 2…
.
.
.
.

The blurred memory of me running towards Heath,
with a glowing purple sword that had just appeared in my hand,
and slashing him as he coughed out blood.