A Boar-ing Mission

My precious sleep was again interrupted due to Asta’s yelling way too early in the morning

After getting freshened up, I went out to the hall but almost immediately hit Asta who was cleaning the floor while running?

“Asta, why are you cleaning way early in the morning?” I asked.

“Huh, shouldn’t we clean the base?”

“We should?”

“Yea, It's proper manners of course. Also since we are staying in this base, we should help others out for their kind treatment.”

I sighed. This boy is way too kind and sweet but that is what makes him remarkable.

“Alright, let me help you then. Come on, let’s do the chores together.”

So we proceeded to clean the entire base, wash clothes, feed the pets and even tried waking up Yami.
Can’t believe I am saying this but, doing chores with Asta was very fun.

Damn, Mom would be proud of me if she saw me doing this many chores.

Soon it was food time which my starving stomach was happy about. While eating, Asta asked.

“Noelle, why didn’t you help me and Rey with chores?”

“Chores? But I’m royalty.”

“Sorry you highness, but you don’t have servants here in the base. You have to do the work yourselves” I replied sassily.

“Yea and you are a newbie just like us” Asta spoke again.

“But I have never cleaned or did laundry in my life” Noelle retorted back.

So she doesn’t know how to do these things

“That’s not something to brag about. We are in the same squad and you should be doing those stuff along with us” Asta said to her.

“But I’m royalty”

“That doesn’t mean much here Noelle,” I said back to her.

And the three of us continued to bicker, while the other members tried to eat their food peacefully.

“What do Magic knights do anyway?” Asta asked Magna.

“What? Are you seriously asking me that?!” Magna yelled coming near Asta and picking him up by the collar.

Geez, he just asked a question. No need to get violent’

“We protect the kingdom and handle security! It’s the manliest job in the world, dumbass! Why did you decide to join it if you knew nothing about it?!” Magna yelled in Asta’s face.

I shook my head and continued to eat while they continued their ‘talk’

“Show them what Magic Knights do, you drunk witch” Magna said to Vanessa.