Bonus Chapter - High General

Again just a bonus Chapter for her history.

TW: abuse, sa? A lot of sad shit I think

The devil king was the most powerful,
but he was not the one
she feared the most.

The little peace left in her vanished when the dungeons opened. She hoped it was Icarus. He was annoying but never really hurt her.

But her blood ran cold when she saw who it was.

It's been months since he entered her dungeon. She had hoped and prayed he had left her alone or wasn't interested in her anymore.

"Well, aren't you pleased to see me?"

His rough voice was already making the hair on her ears and tails stand up. She edged as close as she could to the wall but deep inside she knew she couldn't escape his wrath.

"Am I not getting an answer?" He asked again, an edge to his tone.

She didn't know what to answer. Saying 'No' would be too risky and both of them knew saying 'Yes' would be a downright lie.

"You know the answer already," She said slowly, her voice kept low.

"Is that so?" He asked and the kick to her ribs and harsh punch to her face came just as fast. Before she could recover, her hair was roughly pulled, making her look directly into his eyes. His eyes were glowing, a frightening deep red.

Suddenly she could hear many painful screams in her head, blasting her eardrums. She fell on her knees and covered her ears, trying to drown out the noise.

"PLEASE! NO MORE!"

"SAVE ME! SOMEONE PLEASE!"

"I GIVE UP! JUST STOP IT!"

"KILL ME! I DON’T WANT TO BE HERE ANYMORE!"

She gasped and panted. The screams were gone but their words echoed in her ears.

"Those were the final words of the kitsunes who died at my hand... One day, you'll be just one of those screams"
The high general was pacing around the room, like a lion, ready to devour its prey.

She hung her head, wishing he would get this over with.

"Do you remember your mother? Or perhaps your father?"

She looked up at him, shock and sickening curiosity filling her eyes.

He kept going as she stayed silent.
"Well, I certainly remember them. After all, I was the one who took their final breaths"

She tried to launch herself against him in quick anger but the chains held her weak arms back. She growled as her eyes grew dark.

"Oh, that got you a bit angry. Do you wish to see their final moments?"

She didn't want to but the pitiful truth was that she was starting to forget their faces, their voices, and their memories.

He roughly grabbed her throat, lifted her lightly, and cut off her oxygen supply. White spots appeared in her vision everything seemed blurry. He dropped her down while she tried to regain her breath.

Suddenly his hand was on her head and her lost memories began to play in her head.

.

.

.

.

Fire, blood, and screams.

You couldn't tell which was more.