Their Glory

I simply sighed and started to walk back to the crowd, wondering what my choices were leading to.

I realized they were about to announce the ranks.

After walking through the crowds I spotted Captain Yami.

‘I never thought I would be this relived to see him’

“Captain!” I yelled running up to him. He turned around and faced me with slight anger on his expression.

Damn is he still angry about earlier? Did I hurt his ego too much?’

“Ah, captain? You’re not mad at me for insulting your good looks right? Wait aren’t you supposed to be on the stage?”

He turned away and pointed me to a table. Captain Charlotte was out cold on the table, looking drunk.

“We’re late”

Asta was also there and I walked up to him smiling as he smiled back.

The wizard king along with Blushroom appeared on the stage and the crowd cheered loudly.

“Today, I’ll be announcing the magic knight squad’s achievements myself. After that, the king will also make an appearance”

I forgot that bastard was still alive. But it will be my first time seeing him.’

“Now let us welcome, our nine magic knight captains!”

"Captain of silver eagles,
Nozel

Captain of the green mantis,
Jack

Captain of coral peacocks,
Dorothy

Captain of Aqua deer,
Rill

The new captain of Crimson lion, Mereoleona Vermillion

The new captain of Purple orcas,
Kaiser

Last but not least…

Captain of Golden Dawn,
William!"

But the crowd seemed to realize two of the captains were missing. I looked accusingly at Captain Yami who ignored it.

“Well anyway, let’s announce the ranking. In first place…”

I crossed my fingers and prayed even though I knew we had no chance.

“…Is Golden Dawn with collecting 125 stars!”

The crowd cheered loudly while smiled I and looked at Asta who was also smiling.

“Let’s welcome the squad member who accumulated the most stars to the stage, a newcomer, along with his wind sylph, Yuno!”

  The crowd cheered along with me and Asta as Yuno walked onto the stage, Bell right beside him

“Next in second place… the Black Bulls”

I blinked as my jaw fell open in shock. Next to me, Asta was wearing a similar expression.

The entire crowd gasped and shouted in shock.

“The black bulls managed to get 101 stars!!!”

We went from -50 to 101?! That’s a greater accomplishment than the Golden Dawn!’

I thought excitedly. I suddenly grabbed Asta as we shouted and jumped in excitement.

“Seriously? Well, shit” Captain Yami said not excited at all.