The Wind Before The Storm

The darkness felt comforting to her.
There was nothing to worry about. Nobody to save and nobody to hurt her. Was that so rare to have?
Just to be peaceful and in harmony.

It's not rare, it doesn’t exist. 
Such a wish never happens.
Life is like that.
But if life never hurt you,
you wouldn’t know the importance
of happy memories.

That’s why she treasured them, more than anything.

“This is all my f-fault! I s-should have just stayed s-silent o-or went to my home. Instead, I kept i-insisting to go along with her! Now, look what I've done! That attack was for me! Why oh w-why, did you do that Rey?”

I recognized it was Alecia’s sobbing even before I opened my eyes. I wished to rest a bit more, but jeez this girl.

“It’s not your fault idiot. Now let me sleep” I mumbled to her.

“Rey! OMG you’re awake!”

“No, I’m not and don’t wake me up”

Instead of listening to me, she hauled me up causing my eyes to open.

“YOU ARE THE MOST STUPID CARELESS STUBBORN PERSON I’VE EVER MET. WHY DID YOU DO THAT, STUPID?! HUH?!”

Even though she was yelling at me, her tears were flowing down. Her eyes were red and puffy and there were tear stains on her cheeks.

I wrapped my hands around her, while she sobbed and yelled into my chest. I tried my best to give her occasional head pats and soothing words. Soon her cries became silent and I realized she had fallen asleep on my chest.

I sighed

“You really shouldn’t care this much about me, Alecia”

I whispered to her and laid her down on the medical ward’s bed. While I changed out of my medical clothes, I noticed that my wounds had almost healed up not like it was going to stop me from going anywhere.

I was about to walk out of the room when I heard Alecia mutter.

“Rey…my handsome hero…”

I shook my head but couldn’t control the smile that spread on my lips.

I instantly bumped into a strong chest (felt like a wall) just as I walked out of the room and to my displeasure it was Alecdora. He scowled and we both said the same word

You.

He glared at me for a few seconds and then asked “Where is my sister?”

huh it seems, unlike the Silvas, he looks after his sister’

“She’s asleep in the medical ward. Where is Captain Fugeoleon and how is he?”

“He’s 2 rooms down and you’ll know his state when you see him”

I didn’t like the way he said that.
He walked past me, next to the door but didn’t open it.

“What? Is there something you wanna tell me? Insult me about how I did there. How I wasn’t a proper magic knight and never will be one?” I asked him.

“Yes, you need to become stronger so that you can fight and at the same time, protect the people around you. That’s what a magic knight should do”

I didn’t reply just started walking away then halted when I heard him continue

“But not only did you save the crimson lion’s captain,
but you also saved my sister.
I was there, but my body stood in shock as I saw the needles coming towards her yet yours didn’t.”