Magic Knight Decoration Ceremony

A few days had passed after the dungeon catastrophe and now somehow we were standing in front of the royal capital.

“Wow, this is so cool!” Asta’s eyes had sparkles in them.

Looking at him I remembered one of our past conversations. It was a few minutes after I had woken up.

“Rey! I wanted to thank you for protecting me back in the dungeon”

“It’s nothing Asta. It’s what friends do for each other.”

“Of course! Oh, I have to give back your necklace. Here let me put it on you”

I felt the familiar warmth course through me as soon as the necklace was around my neck.

“Thank you for taking care of it Asta”

“N-no problem at all” Asta seemed to have an odd look in his eyes.

“Is there something wrong Asta?”

“No nothing’s wrong. Why do you ask?”

“I dunno, you looked weird for a second.”

“I do not look weird!”

“Meh, sometimes you do.”

“Rey! OI don’t run away from me. I’ll catch you just you wait!”

.

.

.

I gripped the necklace carefully. It was a habit from my past as well. Holding it always seems to calm my heart and remind me of… my actual mother.

“Oh look it’s the members of the golden dawn”

I broke away from my thoughts when I saw Yuno, Mimosa and Klaus – Yes, I call him Klaus now, and it seems I can adjust with this noble as well.

“Oh hello Asta, Rey and Noelle! It’s been a week. How have you been?”

“We’re good Klaus” Klaus smiled a lot when I replied but I wasn’t sure whether it was because I called him by his name or because we were okay, maybe both.

He gave me a head pat and said “How are your injuries?”

“My shoulder still hurts a bit but other than that I’m fine. Thanks for asking Klaus”

“I didn’t know you could speak so kindly” Klaus said to me with a slight smirk.

“The same goes for you” I said giving him a wink and I walked away from him toward Yuno.

“Yuno, my bestie! How are you?” I said leaping into his arms.

“I am not your bestie” He said trying to get me off.

“Meanie. How are you Mimosa darling?”

“Darling?!” Mimosa asked as she blushed red from embarrassment.

“Don’t mind her talks. She’s been spending way too much time with Finral.” Noelle cut in with her arms folded.

“You don’t have to be jealous Noelle”

“I am not jealous!”

“Come on guys, let’s not be late!” Klaus called us as we walked towards the capital. Mimosa and Noelle talked alone for a few moments but maybe that was just sister talks.