Who She Really Is

Both Mars and Fanzell landed next to us.

“Ready for another fight Mars?” I asked him.

“I didn’t come to fight. I’m on your side now”

“Shame I wanted a rematch”

“Thank you Reyana”

“Huh? For what?”

“For saving me back in that dungeon”

“Thanks for not killing us in that dungeon then”

He looked a bit confused by my actions and asked Fanzell “Is she always like this?”

“Not sure but she can be scary when she needs to be”

“I know you guys have had your differences in the past but you can trust him now,” Fanzell said to us.

“Sure,” I said shrugging

“That easily?” Finral asked shocked.

“I defeated him once, I can do it again” I replied making Mars roll his eyes.

“Now that we have more members, let’s defeat Fana,” Vanessa said.

“Let’s save Fana you mean,” I said muttering.

“We were the ones that needed saving Rey!” Finral replied shocked.

But Mars went still with shock as he looked at Fana and she did the same.

Hold on, what is going on?!’

“Fana!!!” Mars yelled running towards her but Asta caught him just in time.

“Hold on Mars, you can’t just-”

But he wasn’t listening to Asta’s words and was trying to get to Fana, so determined, his eyes full of pain and…love?

“Fana! It’s me! Don’t you recognize me?!” he yelled even more.

I watched the scene before me with more doubts.

How does he know Fana?’

“Fana? My student Fana?” I turned around in absolute horror and shock hearing Fanzell’s words.

“W-What?” I asked my voice on the edge of breaking.

“Yes, my student. After I left, I heard she died due to the experiments there.”

Little by little, the puzzle pieces were starting to fit together while at the same time, I realized some of the puzzle pieces didn’t even belong to the puzzle.

“I don’t know you!” Fana yelled, but it was in pain as she clutched her head.

The Fana here doesn’t look that much like my old Fana. Neither did Vetto.

Fana clutched her head in pain as the third eye started to emit out devilish powers.

“Fana!!! Control yourself, you can do it!” I yelled.

“I won’t listen to you. You’re nothing but a traitor!” She yelled at me.

I ran towards Fana, ignoring her words, as my body started to glow, my Kitsune magic rising once more.

“Reyana! You’re going to get hurt!”

“Come back here Rey!”

I hugged Fana tightly as her flames danced around me, burning my body slightly.

“It’s alright Fana. Your partner is here. Calm down. We’ll fix everything”

My Kitsune mana battled against the devil mana like the last time.