Bonus Chapter: Breaking Truths

His boot was upon her face as she glared up at him.

"Even with my boot on your face, you dare to disrespect?!"

The high general kicked Reyana hard in her face. Her jaw burned with pain as the metallic taste of blood filled her mouth.

She placed her hand on the nearby wall and stood up, dragging her chains up with her. Her body ached with pain as she tried to gather enough breaths.

She looked up at him and there he was, grinning at her. He licked his lips and caught her by her already hurting jaw.

She gasped in pain but didn't struggle. He brought his face upon her neck and breathed in her scent.

"You smell delightful, like a dessert waiting for me~"

She closed her eyes and kicked him hard on his legs. It wasn’t enough to knock him down as he only staggered back. Before he could make his next move, she swung the loose chains at him, striking his face hard.

He groaned in pain as he raised his hand to use his powers on her.

Several screams started shouting in her brain but she focused on the person in front of her as she swung the chain again.

She kicked him between his legs at the same time and this time he fell to his knees.

"What do-"

The chains she swung, formed a loop around his neck and she pulled.

The high general looked at her with shock as she tightened the chains around his throat.

To her surprise, he split into a crazy grin.

"Oh, I love it when you fight back, as annoying as it is. But even as you appear strong, I can see your hands trembling"

Before she could realize what was happening, the chains started glowing and floating. They came at her, twisting around her body tightly.

She let out a frustrated groan as she fell to the ground, completely immobile.

From the floor, she could see a dagger appear in his hand. He lifted her face by placing the tip of the dagger upon her neck.

"Are you gonna apologize?"

She gritted her teeth and glowered at him as a reply even though her heart beat rapidly with fear.

The high general grinned pressing the knife further but just then the doors opened. Icarus stepped in, saving her like always.

The high general dropped her but kept his foot on her face.

"There you are, Sir. I was searching for you!"

"Why? What is the need?"

"Our festival is coming up so I was requested to bring you there. I think they're taking everyone's suggestions"

"Is it really that urgent? I was having my fun with my toy here" The high general said pressing down on her.

Icarus smiled but she could tell his eyes spoke nothing but fury

"Would you like to try her Icarus?"

The high general's question surprised him.

"Try her?"

"Come on Icarus, play with your toys for once. You always just kill the kitsunes"

...

'What?'

'He killed... them?'

She looked up at Icarus with horror but he was refusing to meet her eyes.