A Date To The Library

When we returned back to the base, I found out Captain Yami wasn’t really sad about Mayor’s death. In fact, he didn’t even seem bothered by it.

But on the better side, it seemed we got a star!

Which meant Black Bull now had -49 stars. Hooray! Isn’t that something to be proud of.

I didn’t care much at that time since I was hungry and was about to search for Charmy but then Captain Yami mentioned salary.
So naturally, I went to pay attention like the good squad member I am.

The squad got money and a day off. Vanessa asked us whether we would like to join her in shopping but I declined while Asta and Noelle agreed.

This was because, after joining black bulls I had done nothing beneficial to my true mission.
It was time I finally did something and tomorrow was the right day.

“Hey, Rey! How about we go on a date tomorrow? I know some great cafes!” Finral asked me.

“No thanks.”

“Oh come on, I know a lot of other places such as shops, boutiques, lakes and rivers, libraries-”

“You know libraries?!” I asked him suddenly getting close to him.

“W-Well yeah, I didn’t know you were the type to read…”

“Great, you can bring me to the library tomorrow” I said walking away from him like everything was settled.

“But wait-”

“Good night Finral, we’ll go in the morning.”

I closed another book in frustration. None of them had any sort of information I needed. All the books spoke about how evil the elves, devils, Kitsunes, dragons etc were.

“Uh…what exactly are you looking for Rey?” Finral asked.

Oh, he’s still here? I thought he went outside to flirt with other girls.’

“I thought you went away. Why did you come back?” I asked him ignoring his question.

“Geez, couldn’t you be a bit nicer? And I’ll answer your question when you answer mine. What book are you looking for?”

“Right, sorry if I sounded rude and I’m looking for a book which talks about the elves and their magic. Now you answer mine” I answered like the liar I am.

“Oh, well for your question, I did go out but couldn’t get any girls so I came back to check up on you. I even brought you cupcakes.” Finral said giving me a small box.

I opened the box to find delicious-looking cupcakes and even shared some with him.

“So, you want to learn more about the elves and their spells because…?” Finral asked.

“Well, to get stronger…” I lied again.

“You won’t get such information in a library like this. Even though it’s big and all, books such as those are kept in royal libraries.”

“Have you visited one?”

“Well yes, I did visit one with my family…and why are you giving me that look?”

“Take me there” I asked (more like demanded )him.

“Hold on! I can’t just-”

“Please, take me there Finral.”