Dance Of Despair

During Reyana’s past life…

“Wait, you seriously don’t know how to dance?” Rey asked shocked to Vetto.

He gave a light laugh and said “It is true. Why else do you think that I never danced during the parties?”

“I dunno, I just thought you were too shy to dance”

He smiled sweetly watching the birds, squirrels, and rabbits. Rey and Vetto were hanging out inside the forest and to him, Rey looked absolutely adorable, as she lay on the grass slowly petting one of the rabbits. Others creatures also surrounded her all in awe of her power. But his eyes turned confused she put the rabbit aside and stood up.

She smiled and curtsied in front of him and asked “Care for a dance Vetto?”

When he proceeded to look at her in confusion, she explained.

“Well, I decided I’m going to teach you how to dance” Rey said extending her hand out to him.

He looked at her with shock “Here? Are you sure? I could step on your feet and hurt you.”

“Yes here and yes I’m sure and I don’t care about that. So are you going to keep your lady waiting?”

He smiled and took her hand, standing up. The creatures moved away to give them space.

“Okay, how do we do this?” Vetto asked looking nervous.

“First you need to relax; this is not an exam or anything. Then…you place one hand on my waist, like this, and keep holding my other hand. I’ll place my other hand on your shoulder for now. Then we gently sway our hips taking small steps, in the same direction as the other”

It took some time, but Vetto eventually got the hang of it. The birds sang a sweet tune as they continued slow dancing. Vetto had even learned to twirl Rey properly and to even dip her softly. He laughed as she increased the speed and soon the slow dance turned much more fun as they danced away the evening like drunkards.

Deer, foxes, wolves, and many more creatures came to watch them, never attacking one another.

After a few minutes, it was back to slow dancing. This time Vetto had his hands wrapped around Rey as she rested her head against his chest. Her tails wrapped around him as they gently swayed together enjoying their time.

“Thank you for teaching me to dance Rey…” Vetto said and placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

“You’re the best at forehead kisses and on the next party; you will be dancing with me”

“Are you sure? Patri would be jealous” Vetto said with a teasing smirk.

“Patri?” Rey asked confused.

“God, how can you be smart and dumb at the same time?” Vetto asked with a smile.

“I don’t …know?” Rey said playing the dumb game even more.

“Well, if you hadn’t noticed Patri is obsessed with you. I’m sure he's gonna question us when we return”

“Patri’s obsessed with me? You should see him with Licht”

“Okay fair point, you and Licht”

“How about we watch the sunset, then leave?” She offered to Vetto, trying to change the subject.

“Couldn’t be more perfect” Vetto said as they started to walk away towards the edge of the mountain to see the sunset, the animals following close behind.

.

.

.

I watched them enjoy their victory while secretly creating my plan.