The Start Of Her Downfall

We walked more, and then sensed some strong mana coming from the crowd. Without hesitation, both Asta and I ran over, the others following close behind.

I blinked in confusion and astonishment when I saw Captain Yami and Captain Jack glaring at each other, their mana released and competing on who could sell more food.

Captain Yami spotted us and lifted us by the heads and dropped us inside the stall.

“Whoa, what’s going on?”

“Shut up and wear these cloaks!” Captain Yami said throwing similar clothes to what he was wearing. It was a blue cloak-like dress with ‘Raging Bull’ written on it.

“Now you both should better get me some customers or I’ll kill you,” he said to us.

“Are we getting paid for this?” I asked wearing the cloak.

“No”

“Then I’m not helping” Captain Yami glared at me making me huff and pout as I stepped outside along with Asta.

“How about some nice grilled squids!?”

“They taste squidtastic!!!”

The customers didn’t even pay attention to us but instead were going to Captain Jack’s stall. The guy named Sekke looked at us and laughed.

“The last and weakest squad Black bulls won’t get any customers. The Green Mantis will definitely win”

“Is the insect talking to a bull?” I asked Sekke but their captain also heard my words.

“What did you say, Brat?!” Captain Jack shouted at me with a glare.

“Uh… I said you are so strong and cool. I heard you can cut through anything. Is that true? Of course, that’s true. You’re the great Captain Jack after all” I said with a sweet smile as Sekke watched the scene with his jaw open.

Captain Jack laughed “Good, I like you brat. Hey Yami, I’d like to bring this girl to my squad”

“What the hell did you say?!” Captain Yami’s mana unleashed immediately.

“She knows I’m the stronger captain!”
He then looked at me and gave me a glare while I nervously smiled.

“Stop complimenting others and get me some customers before I kill you!”

“I’m not getting you any customers if you don’t pay me for it,” I said eating one of his grilled squids which actually tasted good.

“I’m not paying”

“Too bad, Oh look more customers are going to Captain Jack.
I thought…
you were the better captain”
I said with a playful glint in my eyes.

“10%,” Captain Yami said as if it was final.

“50%”

“20% and that’s it”

“40%,” I said battling more

“30%”

I nodded with satisfaction and shook his hand.

“Pleasure doing business with you”

“You better get me some customers brat”

“Don’t worry I will”

Asta was hopelessly yelling at the customers to buy but they were scared off instead.

I removed my hair tie letting my hair fall. My hands glowed and purple swirls started to surround the area. With my magic, I wrote Grilled squids in the sky.