The Aftermath

(Hey, hear some angst songs while you're reading. Adds to the vibe)

I woke up in a room filled with medical beds and tools.

I myself was lying in one of them with my hand attached to the glucose IV bag.

At first, I was totally confused.

Where am I? Why the hell am I in a medical room?’

My eyes traveled around and I spotted others.

Asta lay in a bed next to me, and after that were Keldarus, Kahono, and another one (Kaito)

‘What the hell happened to us? They are all badly injured’

Pain shot through my body as I tried to sit up and I noticed my right hand was wrapped up and so was my right leg.

Great I’m injured as well and I don’t even know why’

The magic stone…
underwater temple…
Vetto!’

“Vetto! Oh god, he…”

Rage and despair surfaced in my body as everything came back in an instant.

I stood up quickly and tore the glucose needle out and started running.
I stopped after a few minutes realizing I had no idea where I’m running to.
My body gave out as I fell to my knees. Tears fell uncontrollably and my sobs broke out in the empty hall.

‘Vetto…please don’t leave me again… I can’t. I can’t’…’

My instincts started to give me soft instructions on where to go and I slowly stood up, my tears still falling.
I removed the bandages around my hand and threw them away.
I rushed past halls and started seeing familiar places again...

The area where I fought Keldarus

the place where I fought the Eye of the Midnight Sun mages

and finally, the place where I fought my beloved Vetto.

I fell to my knees with a choked sob when I saw his body. He was covered up with a white cloth and only his feet were shown.

“Vetto…Vetto…Vetto! No!” I yelled and ran up to his body and laid my head on where his chest should be. I hoped and prayed to hear a heartbeat or see the slightest movement but nothing. Just my sobs and tears. I broke down completely crying out my pain.

I was so close but then why? Why did life do this to me?

What did I do so wrong?

Pain…was the only thing that never left me all these years.

My true family…

My loving husband…

All my friends…

Everything left eventually while I and my pain stayed...

Devils. Devils were the ones who did this. It’s always them.  I hate them! I hate them! I hate them!!!

I looked around the area with blurred vision. Rocks and dust everywhere. Vetto wouldn’t like to lie in a place like this.

I placed my hand on the ground and let my mana seep through.