Truth, Lies And Doubts

I heard the captives behind me speak.

“It’s the captain of purple orcas…Gueldre Poizot.”

“Impossible! What are they talking about?” The traitor asked shocked.

“The truth apparently,” I said with a cold tone. I am with the elves not the midnight sun group.

“You can’t actually believe what they’re saying!” the traitor tried to explain as the captains started to back away from him.

“I rather not say it but I heard a few dark rumors about you” Captain Charlotte spoke.

“It’s not just a few. I heard many” Nozel spoke as well. All of them looked angry and vengeful.

“Come to think of it, I’ve heard plenty of rumors like that. Apparently, they were not all false” captain Yami said smirking.

if you guys had heard these many rumors why didn’t you take action?’

“Don’t be ridiculous! T-This must be some mistake” The traitor continued to blabber as I let my chains slowly crawl through the floor next to him, like a serpent ready to catch its prey at the right moment.

“Then why don’t you let mushroom head look through your memories?” Captain Yami offered.

“W-Well I…”

“You’re shameful Gueldre. You’ll pay with your life for betraying the country” Nozel threatened him.

“No! This is some sort of trap! I’ll clear my name with a strategic escape. Transparency Creation magic: Invin-”

Before he could complete the spell, I and Asta launched at him. My chains wrapped around him while Asta held him down at sword point.

“You won’t get me that easily” The traitor spoke.

Suddenly something invisible attacked me and Asta and cut the chains away. I saw the traitor become invisible before my eyes and run out. I sensed the invisible guards around us as the captains fought them but we couldn’t waste time like this.

Asta and I ran out of the room, dodging the invisible knights, towards the traitor. We were not gonna let him escape twice.

With our ki, we could sense where the traitor was and Asta struck him with his sword just as he reached outside.

“W-What? You shouldn’t be able to see me!”

His invisibility faded and we could see him.

“You traitors give out a stench,” I said mocking him.

“Don’t mock me, peasants. I’m a Magic Knight Captain!”

“Correction, you were a magic knight captain. Now you’re nothing but a cowardice traitor”

The traitor yelled and created more of those invisible knights. I and Asta battled them using our senses but I kept my eye on the traitor.

The traitor laughed and said, “This will be your end kids!”

But someone else appeared. The Aqua deer captain created colors that encircled around the traitor, then prisoned him to the ground.

I blinked watching how quickly everything was done.

“Rill, how dare you go easy on him?” Nozel’s voice appeared behind us. I turned around to see the captains coming one by one along with the Wizard King.

“Hey! You both were amazing! How did you find out where he was?!” Captain Rill asked us excitedly.

We stood flabbergasted while he shook our hands violently and introduced himself. We managed to introduce ourselves as well as he continued to shake our hands violently.