Confrontations

"Rey?" Alecia's voice seemed close to breaking.

I closed my eyes and stood there, digging my nails into my palms.

'I shouldn't have come here'

"Is this true? Answer me!" Alecia yelled through a sob. I turned to see the horror on Yuno's face which I had never seen before.

Alecia already had tears in her eyes.

"Alecia, Yuno... It's well..."

'What was I meant to say? It's going to be okay?'

"Guys, you don't have to worry! Rey is gonna be fine. You both know how strong she is" Asta said trying to calm them.

Suddenly both of them hugged me and Asta tight. I could feel Alecia's soundless sobs against my chest.

.

.

.

When I see you again, you better be all healed up"

She threatened me while I sweat nervously.

"Of course Alecia, Your handsome hero owes one to you" I replied back as we let go of each other.

.

.

.

Guess that didn't work out as planned.

The two captains watched, unsure of what to do.

"Why don't we enter the artifacts room? You guys can help us find something that could help them both" Captain William said as Captain Yami already pushed open the doors, entering inside.

Both of them nodded with a certain fire in their eyes and entered the room with their captain.

Only Asta and I were left outside.

"I never wanted them to know" I muttered to him.

"Neither did I. But now they're helping us. Let's go inside Rey, we don't have time to regret!"

'I don't have time to regret...'

The room was beautiful and larger than I expected.

Various potions and artifacts lined up on the shelves, along with scrolls, books, and glowing gems. Some of them were enclosed in glass.

All of us went to a section named healing to start searching.

One by one we picked up and tested them but none had much effect on our broken limbs.

"We need something strong enough to remove a curse" Captain Yami said having an unreadable expression.

But I suddenly spotted a blue potion and stopped in my tracks.