A Misty Problem

Hunting boars did not go the way we imagined.

Asta was getting knocked around by boars.

Noelle was watching all the chaos unfold.

Magna was resting below a tree not giving much care.

While me? I was petting one of the boars.

How am I supposed to hurt one of them? They look so cuddly and warm
(They don’t really look like that)

“Oi! Rey! You’re supposed to be hunting the boars! Not petting them like they’re puppies!” Magna yelled at me.

“Huh? Who are you to tell me what to do?” I replied not even sparing him a glance.

“You’re starting to sound like Noelle now.” Magna said as he sighed.

“HUH?!” Both I and Noelle shouted at him.

I focused on Asta who kept getting injured.

“Asta! You have a sword!” I yelled at him.

“Oh yeah” Asta replied back and then started to attack the boars back. One by one, boars were getting taken down. I secretly let some boars run free into the deeper forests.

We then made our way to the village. I was surprised to see Asta carry so many boars.

“Are you sure you can carry that many Asta? Do you need help?” I asked feeling a bit bad. After all, I didn’t do anything for the mission.

“Thanks but no need. Carrying 3 or 4 boars isn’t that hard.” Asta replied smiling.

“You are amazing” Noelle said to him.

“Yea, you got some impressive brute strength” Magna praised him as well.

Magna then spoke about the mayor as we headed to the village. But once we saw the village, we noticed it was surrounded by some sort of strange mist. Magna then ran towards the village followed by us.

“Wow, the weather sucks in that town” Asta spoke.

Asta…’ I sighed inside my head.

“You idiot! That’s magic” Noelle told him.

“What?!”

“Once we enter it, we probably won't be able to get to anywhere” Noelle spoke.

“Magic that can cover the entire village, none of the villagers have a magic that strong. Asta cut through the magic with your sword” Magna told us.

“Alright! … That’s a dumb thing to say. You can’t cut through the mist with a sword.” Asta replied.

“You’re the dumb one! Since it’s made of magic, you can cut through it!” Magna scolded him.

“Oh yeah” Asta then proceeded to cut through the mist making a way for us.

I felt powerful magic as we got closer and knew something was wrong.
I looked at Noelle and Magna and they both seemed to be thinking the same as well.

As we got closer we saw many injured villagers kneeling on the ground. Some of them were crying, some were praying and others trying to comfort the children.
I looked above them to see ice shards getting ready to fall on them.

Who the-’

“Time for your execution” A voice spoke and just then the ice shards started to fall.

I sent out my power blast destroying some of them while Magna used his powers to destroy the rest of them.

Magna got closer to the crowd asking about their whereabouts when we all saw a man lying on the ground, bleeding out.

Magna then started shaking the man trying to wake him up.

“The mayor, he tried protecting us all” One of the villagers told us while crying.

I knelt beside the mayor and tried to check for his pulse. I felt my heart sting when I couldn’t find one. I didn’t need to tell Magna, because it seemed he already knew.

‘If only we were here a bit earlier. I shouldn’t have wasted my time playing with the boars. Why didn’t my instinct warn me about this?’ I thought regrettably.

“Are you the bastard who did this?!” Magna yelled at a man who had a scar on his face and silver-coloured hair. Along with him, there were 3 other men.

He merely looked at his watch and told us

“How dare you put me behind my schedule? I’ll execute you all as well.”
He said sending a very huge ice crystal at us.

Crap, I don’t think I can destroy it in time’

Just then Asta jumped towards it with his sword and sliced it in half.

Asta…he didn’t even doubt for a second’ I thought in awe.

“I won’t forgive you for this. How could you do something so cruel?! Who the heck are you guys?”

But the cruel men only spoke between themselves, talking about how we found them.

“The black bulls, crude heretics who don’t fit in with other magic knights. Dealing with them would be a waste of time. In 5 minutes, we will get rid of the useless villagers who didn’t even know anything and seek what we came here for.” The main ice guy (Lord Heath) told to no one in particular.

I was starting to get really pissed off now.

“Don’t ignore me!” Asta yelled charging at them.

One of them sent mist magic towards Asta and said “You’re a fool if you think you can get near Lord Heath that easily. Be lost in the mist.”

“No, I won't!” Asta yelled cutting through the mist like a boss. “I'm asking you why you tried to kill all these villagers!”

Then he began to explain a boring lecture about noble, common and forsaken realm and that forsaken realm people were useless and weak.

This made me angry as my village is a part of the forsaken realm and I see how much they work and how kind they are. I never ever regretted being born in that village.

“I was merely trying to get rid of these mindless beasts. You magic knights, are just trying to help them because it’s your job right? In truth, you all think of them as beasts. That is why-”

I didn’t let him finish speaking and charged at him sending a powerful which caused him to crash into the wall.

“Call them whatever you want. Think of them in any way you want but nothing, and I mean nothing is stopping me from protecting them and destroying you. Do you understand?!” I yelled at them as Heath stood up.

ok he is powerful’ I thought seeing him quickly recover.

“I see, so these beasts are important to you.”

Heath then created ice shards. I and Asta were ready to destroy them when another person sent a very strong mist along with ice shards, covering all of us. The mist then started creating more ice shards as well, most of them in places which we couldn’t see.

Maybe pissing him off was not one of my best moves…

Hello everyone. [IMPORTANT MESSAGE]

I know I haven’t posted in a long time but that is because my college studies have been tough. My exams are starting in 2 weeks as well. I was planning on posting this 2 days before, but I got sick as well.

So I'm very sorry. I would try to post whenever I can but there might be huge gaps. Editing and writing this takes quite a lot of time.

I will more likely post 2 chapters today as this one was short. Or I'll post another chapter tomorrow.

Thank you to everyone for your support♡♡♡. It really means so much to me, and even inspires me to study more.

I will reply to all your comments and reviews.

Hope you all have a good day and all the best for you lovelies <3