Reunion With The Hidden Past

Come on; move, you stupid legs… fly into the portal’

But I couldn’t.

I simply stared at it and somewhere deep down in my mind; I could hear the laughs of the devils and my own painful screams.

I did not want to face my past,

My mistakes

My painful origin...

“Rey! Come eat this delicious food! It’ll give your energy”

“No Asta, I’m good”

There’s no way I’ll be able to swallow food at the moment.

I took in a deep breath and floated up.

I’m not gaining anything by staying still so I might as well’

But before I could inch closer, strong powerful flames blocked my path.

“Oh no, you’re not escaping me brat!”

I turned around and faced Captain Mereoleona.

“Well, I’m not surprised that you’re still alive”

I spoke and I noticed Captain Fuegoleon and Nozel were also by her side.

Captain Mereoleona was saying something to me but I gasped in surprise as I saw Nozel pat Noelle’s head.

Noelle turned red but she was smiling so much. I had never seen her so happy.

I gave her a look of confusion but she only answered with a sweet smile.

'What happened when I was gone?'

“Oi! Do you think you can ignore me?”

“I’m sorry what were you saying Captain Mereoleona?”

She sighed and spoke again

“My brother gave me a small explanation about your situation with the elves, so don’t think we’re letting you face this alone. Besides I still owe you”

I smiled gratefully but shook my head “Thank you but you shouldn’t. Only I can convince them”

“Well, that isn’t stopping us from fighting by you. Also, you don’t have a choice. We’re coming”

I saw that everyone was looking at me with blazing determination. They weren’t going to back down.

I sighed “Humans are so persistent”

Some laughed and Nozel created a silver eagle for everyone. I decided to fly on my own though.

“So what is this portal?” Nozel asked.

I sighed and answered

“It’s an entryway to the shadow palace. A powerful palace which is between Underworld and Overworld”

“So that means…”

“The elves are making a deal with the devils”

I didn’t ignore how Captain Fuegoleon’s expression changed. He looked at me with softness but I noticed the raging anger fuel inside him.

“Let’s go quick then”

Captain Mereoleona said and the rest of us nodded as we flew in.

I smiled a bit realizing I wasn’t as scared as before.

They’re here with me like they've always been’

We entered a dark passageway and started falling down.