Baby Steps Towards Your Goal

Christopher - dad's name
Marina - mom's name
Blaydon - Grandfather's name
Thoughts - Italics

Timeskip to a few months

Christopher'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃

"Awwweee~ look at her. She's already trying to speak. You're so adorable babbling like that. Come on my precious daughter, what are you trying you say? Are you trying to say you love daddy?"

Reyana's 𝗽𝗼𝘃

'I swear when I grow up, I will get out of here. If I have time, I will burn this entire house to bits. You puny humans are treating me as if I'm a baby or something. How dare you?! I will-

Oh is mom bringing me milk? yeah give me some I'm starving'

As a baby, I tried to annoy my parents as much as I can. Crying 24/7, throwing and breaking things and more annoying things babies do. Why you may ask? Because my bitterness for humans still exists. But I never thought my parents would be this caring, patient and kind. So over time, I decided to behave a bit nicer, even though a part of me loathed it.

4 year old pov

From my past experiences, I have a terrible history with humans. But after spending 4 years with my parents, I came up with the assumption that nowadays humans weren't so bad but that was demolished when I met my so-called grandfather

Flashback~

"Listen here Christopher, I somewhat forgive you for running away from our noble family to marry some filthy peasant much less have a daughter with her. But if you want to make up for it, then give me your daughter. I will make sure she grows to be a proper noblewoman. And also teach her to be proper and gentle and marry her to a rich noble instead of a cheap peasant, like Marina!" Blaydon the old man (my grandfather) yelled.

"DON'T YOU DARE BRING MY FAMILY INTO THIS! YOU ARE NOT MY FATHER, NOT AFTER MY MOTHER'S DEATH WITH YOU SEALING THE PROBLEM WITH YOUR MONEY!!!"

I had never seen my father act like that. Mom was always the most responsible one while dad made awful jokes to annoy mom or just baby me.

"Chris calm down. The neighbours will hear us." Marina said attempting to keep him calm. 

I was being held close by my mother while my father stood against my grandfather.

"Don't make me use my magic on you or your entire family. You fully know how powerful it is. I'm sure you still remember the lessons I gave you, and maybe you're still affected by them~"

My father tensed up and I knew he was scared. I didn't know what happened between them in their pasts but it was obvious, that it wasn't good. I was getting highly aggravated now. We were about to have a good lunch and now this old man is uttering foolish things.

'Take me and make me into a proper noble lady? If he forced me into something like that, then there wouldn't even be a body to burn for his funeral'

I thought while watching the scene.

"Okay, that's enough. Get out you old man" All heads turned towards me when I said that.

"What did you just say to me, you arrogant child?!"

"Seems like you are going deaf. I clearly said, GET OUT!"

With that, I blasted my powers toward him and the force knocked him out of the house (FYI, he was near the door).
3 very shocked faces looked at me. One filled with anger, the other with confusion and my dad was...trying not to laugh.

"YOU WILL PAY FOR THAT YOU...How do you have such strong powers at a young age? How amusing...It seems my noble blood stills runs in you. I'll get you, kid, just wait. Just you wait" with that he walked away off to who knows where.

"Now that he's gone, Let's have food. Your food is always delicious mom" I replied nonchalantly and sat at the dining table while my parents still stood rigid.

Yea, my parents are actually, really good parents. Mom is responsible, calm and a little strict but she is always forgiving and kind. Dad is caring and protective but likes to cause chaos or well accidentally cause chaos.

He used to be a rich noble but fell in love with a commoner girl. Since his family didn't allow them to be with each other, he quit the noble title and went to live with my mom. But the thing is, he has no idea how to do farm activities. One time he opened the cattle shed and let the cows feed and rest in the rice fields. The other farmers were not too happy about that.
But he's still cheerful, awfully clingy and flirty with mom.

If there's a downside then it's that they both flirt with each other thinking I can't understand them. Those were some awkward times for me and gave me more than enough trauma'

Present time

"I'm still stunned by the fact she already has such powerful magic. Most children don't even get magic at the age of four" My mom spoke while my dad was spinning me around with joy.

"Dad, stooopp I'm getting d-dizzy" I whined trying to get down from his arms. He chuckled and kissed me on the cheek and said "I'm just so proud of you dear and Mari, does it matter how she got such powerful magic. It must be a blessing"

'Yea and not because I'm a kitsune or at least was a kitsune. Even though I reincarnated into a human, I still have my memories and parts of my magic.
But I'm not a kitsune. I'm a human, or at least I think so. Well, that's a problem for future me.'

"If she is this powerful then she could become a magic knight" Mom spoke while thinking.

"Would you like that, my darling daughter?" Dad asked.

"No, not really."

"Why not"

"because I don't like saving people"

That was a lie. The grief of not being able to save the elves still affected me. But if I become a magic knight, it would slow down my plan. I wanted to find whoever killed the elves and for that, I need to get my full power, if it was possible.

My dad chuckled and said, "you don't like saving people?"

"Nope," i said shaking my head.

"Then why did you save us from your grandpa?" Dad said smirking

"Because he was annoying me" and dad just looked defeated.

"You don't have to be a magic knight if you don't want to" mom said smiling.

"And I'm not going to"

"Whatever you say" they both said at the same time

But fate works in mysterious ways. And sometimes it annoys the hell out of me.

Author's note: Thank you everyone for reading this. If you have any sort of opinions, doubts or recommendations please feel free to tell me. Thank you again and I hope your scars soon heal and find happiness.