Robes, Grimories and Swords

"Great, ill bring you to- wait...what did you say?" Yami asked shocked.

"Uh...I don't really wanna join the magic knights, haha thanks for the offer though" Reyana replied making the village go silent. She didn't like this silence.

"Do you think you can reject me?!" Yami said now releasing a dark aura.

"Look thank you for saving us and all but I'm not joining" She replied firmly standing against the aura

"But you have strong power and you just saved this village by fighting alone. You have the qualities of becoming a magic knight."

"No, you don't get it. I don't have plans on joining the magic knights. And I don't give a shit about these humans" Reyana retorted back feeling a bit guilty.

"But listen you little brat, you're joining my squad and I don't wanna lose someone as powerful as you to the other squads"

"But I'm not joining any squad though"

"You're not?"

"I'm not."

The entire village looked shocked and devastated seeing her reject such an offer.

"Come on, Reyana give it a chance" Chris spoke looking at her kindly. In response, she just sighed.

"Keep the robe with you. If one day you want to come to my squad, you will be welcomed. Besides you're too young to come now anyway. But remember, you're gonna become stronger in the future, so use it for helping others rather than your selfish desires." Yami spoke now hiding his aura.

Reyana looked at the robe doubtfully and nodded.
"If there ever comes a time, that I change my mind, I'll join your squad"

Yami nodded then left on his broom.

"So mom, do you need help with the soup?"

Timeskip- 15years old

First-person pov.

It was that time of the year when all 15-year-olds get their grimoires. I and my parents were on our way to the tower. To say I was worried was an understatement. I was beyond nervous. Since I was originally a kitsune, I wasn't sure whether I would get a grimoire. Kitsune had a different grimoire from that of humans. Their grimoires were stronger and had more powerful spells.

"You look, nervous darling, don't worry I'm sure you would get a powerful grimoire," Dad spoke wrapping an arm around me.

"It's true, you're not the type to get nervous. Is something wrong?" Mom asked.

"No, nothing wrong, just simply worried"

"Well, you won't gain anything from being worried. Don't worry about things you can't control." Mom spoke smiling at me proudly.

"She's right. No matter what happens, well be with you and love you forever" Dad said giving me head pats.

"Thank you and I love both of you as well" I replied now blushing from slight embarrassment.

"Wow, she admitted it! Today is a good day!"

"Don't tease me, dad!"

"Just tryna light up your tension"

After entering, my parents went to stand near the wall along with a Father, sister and some children who I guessed were from a church.

Just as I entered, I was greeted with the murmurs from nobles spitting taunts about commoners and how they shouldn't be even here. I gritted my teeth trying to calm my bitterness.