The More The Merrier

As the light ray projected from Patri came, Gauche appeared in front of us with a huge mirror. My eyes were closed due to the intense light, but I could guess the mirror had reflected the light ray and had sent it back to Patri.

I rushed out of my shield and looked around for Patri.

My heart broke as I saw him fall from the sky and crash towards the ground.

“No…” I quietly said to myself and ran towards him.

I heard Gauche shout towards me telling me it still might be dangerous to go near him. I also heard captain Yami say something like “Go tie him up brat”

But nobody could see the pain on my face.

Patri lay there unconscious,
wounded, his grimoire lay open,
while I barely had any wounds.

He protected me the best he could,
while I stood there like a fool.

.

.

.

Promise me something Rey”

“What is it Patri?”

“Promise to never leave me.”

Rey looked at Patri and smiled, her tails wrapped around him as she hugged him.

“Promise but why do you need to ask such a thing?”

Because when you’re with me, I’ll protect you. I’ll defend you and I’ll make sure those who hurt you pay” The young Patri replied.

They stayed like that in the green fields until Licht called upon them and they ran to him like kids, holding each other’s hands.

.

.

.

“Oh, Patri…” I knelt down beside him; tears filled my eyes as they slowly rolled down my cheeks.

Everything was crashing inside me. Seeing Patri after a long time.
The guilt of not being able to do anything without hurting the other.

The other black bulls were chatting together but I didn’t care to listen.

Patri slowly opened his eyes and smiled up at me.

“P-Patri” my voice broke as more tears flowed down.

He raised his hand and wiped my tears away.

“Please don’t cry because of me…
I’m sorry if I hurt you in any way”

I shook my head, my lips quivered and I wanted to desperately hug him and hold him close.

“I’m sorry Patri…please believe me when I say I’m not betraying you.”

“I know Rey…I know you will never betray us. I know you will never side with the humans”

He looked into my eyes deeply and then frowned “You’re hurt”

He raised his hand and touched my bruised cheek. Light glowed and I felt the pain go away.

“I’m hurt? Look the state you’re in”
I placed my hand on his chest and let my mana slowly heal his wounds.

“Rey?”

“Yes, Patri?”

“Why were you with the humans?”