Chapter 17- Dylan and Hailey

"Has anyone seen my blue socks?" Max asked while holding a toast in his hand.

"The ones with those yellow stars?" Liam asked.

"Yes! Those are my lucky socks! Damien wins his matches everytime I wear those!"

Damien had made it to the school's soccer team while Zack found his way into the basketball team. They were both athletes while Max was a math genius and Liam was more into music.

Being in the school's soccer and basketball team made Zack and Damien our school's stars. The school had a soccer match with our biggest rivals today. Last time, they had defeated us so this time everyone practiced like crazy for it.

"I think last time I saw them lying around below your bed." Liam told Max who was still searching for his socks near the couch. "Ah! Okay!"

***

As I was walking towards my locker, I saw Hailey and Dylan standing next to each other talking about something.

Did I mention that these two are siblings? Well, now you know.

As soon as they saw me, Hailey smirked.

I ignored her. I don't have time for this witch.

Max and I were returning from our English class as everybody was heading towards the bleachers to see the soccer match. I was so excited to see Damien play that I didn't even pay attention to what Max was continuously rambling about.

"Do you know why cats don't like online shopping?" Max asked me with a big grin.

"Uh.."

"Because they prefer a cat-alogue!" He said and chuckled at his own cat joke.

"Oh. Good." I mindlessly said.

"What do cats say after telling a joke?" He asked again.

"I don't know. Meow?" I guessed.

"Just kitten!" He laughed.

Max continued with his silly cat jokes while my mind was already on the field imagining Damien playing.

"Shit. I forgot my pen in the class. Let me just quickly go and grab it meanwhile you don't forget to save a seat for me." I told Max.

"Okay, sis." He said while saluting me and walked away while I went towards the direction I had just come from.

As I was walking, suddenly someone grabbed my arm and pulled me inside an empty classroom. I gasped and immediately struggled to get out of this person's death grip.

I looked up to see that it was Dylan who had pulled me inside this class. "What are you doing? Let me go!" I yelled at him but he just grinned at me.

He pinned me against the wall and stared directly in my eyes. "Don't worry, we just want to have some fun with you." He said in a deep voice.

We? Who are we?

"That's right." I heard another voice who belonged to none other than the witch herself.

Hailey.

"What do you want from me? Just let me go!" I yelled at her stupid face.

Before I could say anything else, Dylan grabbed my throat while Hailey just laughed. "It won't be that painful, sweetheart. Trust me." Dylan said and joined the laughter with his sister.

Hailey started coming towards me with a big scissor in her hand. My eyes widened and were immediately filled with tears. Why were they doing this to me?