□ Prologue

||P R O L O G U E||

She checked herself off one last time in the mirror

She checked herself off one last time in the mirror. Setting her loose strands back she picked up her phone and purse sliding it around her shoulder, patting it to check the content one last time. She grinned feeling it, sliding back in front of the mirror, she blew a flying kiss to her reflection before sauntering out.

Walk so smooth as if she was flying on clouds.

She wasn't just happy.

She was excited, giddy, sparky and what not. It was, after all, the day she had been planning for past one week.

On the day of her best friend's wedding, she had made a resolution.

Resolution to get married this year to the love of her life.

The drive to her destination felt like a cloud ride to her. Smooth and light.

Full of unworldly imagination of happiness, changing expressions and celebration she had planned thereafter.

Parking on a sidewalk she walked towards the high-rise she was very similar to, the place she had dreamed to spend her days with him.

Lips stretching in a wide stretch, she skipped towards the gravel to cross the road. She abruptly jerked back when a giant ball came flying towards her, hitting the ground near her and stopping right beside her.

"Sorry!" The kids yelled from the side and she fakes glared at them. "Pass the ball, please"

"Play carefully kiddos" she yelled back and kick the ball hard towards them, but it went to a diverted path, away from them.

The kids huffed in annoyance and ran behind the sphere object.

"Sorry" She muffled her bubbling grin and quickly walked to the gate and inside the elevator. She counted the floor numbers, each one passing with her repeating the words she had practiced to speak, little improvisations kept popping in her head.

The lift doors parted and she jumped out, taking quick steps to flat number 708. Her finger reached the bell but she grinned mischievously.

Shaking her head.

She stretched her hand to his door paneling to retrieve his duplicate keys. She did a quick victory dance on finding her treasure and unlocked the doors as silently she could, biting her tongue as the wooden door creaked a little.

She stepped inside peaking around the small yet sophisticated two bedroom apartment. The living room was vacant but the proof of life was set on center table.

Used coffee mugs, scattered magazines and a black t-shirt.

She shook her head and decided to clean the place later, first she wanted to look for the man she has known for past 3 years.