□⁠ Chapter 22

□⁠ □⁠ □

□⁠ □⁠ □

The cold breeze had her hold on to the scarf tightly, the piece covered her bare arms and back as she waited for him

The cold breeze had her hold on to the scarf tightly, the piece covered her bare arms and back as she waited for him. The night in here was calm, almost dead as the moon was nowhere to be found.

The lights around were flickering, only the one in her bedroom enlightening the open space as she stared into nothingness.

Her hair was ruffled, and the light curls she had taken so much time to make were flattened, only the golden highlights making them pretty.

"Where is he?" She peaked inside his balcony, peeking to get a slight glimpse but only if it had been possible, as the thick bunch of white curtains blocked any of her vision. "Neel" She hollered his name breaking the silence.

There was only shuffling that could be heard, nothing else.

"Oyeee! Are you there or have you drunk yourself to the edge of passing out?" She called for him again, impatient as the cold wind but into her skin. "I'm coming over."

"No, stay where you are." His voice filtered the space making her stop, she stomped her feet and made a sound irritated, turning towards the open sky.

Glaring at nothingness, she crossed her arms and rubbed them to generate a little warmth.

"I'm cold and this man is taking his own sweet time to do God knows what, I'm a fool to wait and stand here." She grumbled to herself.

"You don't want to wait for me?" His husky voice asked making her jump in surprise.

"You scared me." She turned towards him, hand on her heart.

"As if any human can scare you. You hold the power to scare the entire humankind." He mocked her earning a glare from her "Waiting makes you irk, I see."

"I wait for people who deserve to be waited for." She rolled her eyes. "I wait when I know the person is worth my patience, not everyone deserves someone's wait."

"I should feel lucky then. You were waiting for me." He smirked cheekily seeing her not rebuking, setting the canvas and taking hold of his charcoal.