□⁠ Chapter 26

□⁠ □⁠ □⁠

□⁠ □⁠ □⁠

The rain clattered against the glass loudly, so much that it made him flinch

The rain clattered against the glass loudly, so much that it made him flinch. He sat behind the single sofa, hiding from his parents who fought unaware of his presence in the house.

His school bag lay at the side, legs hugged closer to his chest as he hid his face between his knees and palms pressed on his ears as he recited his course poetry, hiccupping as he felt his throat dry with continuous years flowing down his eyes. His red eyes glanced at the empty water bottle and he shook his head, consoling himself that it will be over soon.

He picked up the bottle and refilled it from the kitchen without any noise, tiptoeing back to his place, and sat down. He sipped quietly and calmed his sobs. Taking a leaflet out of his copy, he wrote what he learned in class today.

"One"

"Two"

"Th..." He scratched his forehead frowning as he forgot the next word, instead of slashing the letters he drew a random pattern on it.

He had to wait for only a little more, his mother said it was their weekly garden day out. She will come out any minute to take him there. He shouldn't be crying, what if she got to know? His mother would be hurt.

She loved him the most in this entire world.

"You want me to trust you? You, of all the people? You are delusional, Eshanth."

He heard his mother shouting and flinched as the loud crash was heard, he whimpered at the harsh voices. Shivering because of fear, the harsh rain did not help him.

"Mum" He whispered fearing as the thunder stroke against the glass.

"You are acting insane here, Jaahnvi. Stop breaking things, Indraneel will be home any minute." His father said.

"Then let him see how much of a coward his father is. Wait, not just a coward but he is also a failure." She yelled, "You couldn't protect your son from vultures, is that not true?"