□ Chapter 57

□ □ □

□ □ □

Indraneel laughed at the introduction

Shaking his head, he slapped the metal chair and exhaled loudly as if controlling his cackles.

"You do not believe me," Ajeeth commented with a pensive face.

"I have had only one grandfather, that is, Maharaj Indrajeet Dhanrajgir." Indraneel's smile dropped as he took the stiff stance and his eyes hardened. "Never saw you in my 30 years of existence, have I?"

"That is your father's family." Ajeeth pointed with a snide "What about your mother? Jaahnvi Chauhan Dhanrajgir, do you remember her name or have you forgotten her already?"

"Not me." He gritted sizing him like one did with their enemy. "But you surely seemed to have forgotten your daughter as you claim to have."

"I did try meeting you..." Ajeeth's words trailed off watching Indraneel scoffing with the least interested face. "Will you not even hear me once?"

"Why should I?" He averted his gaze away. "Will that bring my mother back or will it decrease the angst I have felt all these years without my parents in my life? This" he waived his palm in the air "would change nothing."

"I understand your anger." He tried empathizing.

"No, you don't." He cut him off again, shaking his head slowly. "No one can. I lost my family but more than me, two lovers lost their love and their dream of companionship because you couldn't look past your hatred for my father's family." He paused as if it pained him to talk about the miseries of his parents. "I am not blaming you alone, I have resented Maharaj Indrajeet equally and now that you claim to be my other grandfather, I will be adding you to the list as well."

"I wish I could change the past but there is no point regretting it, is there?" Ajeeth broke the silence between them. "You can resent me all your life but I do not have a lot of years left and I shall spend them in knowing my grandchild I was deprived of, rather than dying in guilt each day."

"I don't care what you want," Indraneel announced, crossing his knees one above the other. "With all due respect, I wish for you to leave me alone."

"You are stubborn." Ajeeth smiled with teary eyes which he was quick to conceal, his steps turned leisurely as he took the seat beside him. "With all due respect," he mimicked "you will have to bear my presence, Yuvraj because I am going nowhere. I am your grandfather's guest."