□ Chapter 45

□ □ □

□ □ □

Problems had a certain chain reaction feature in them

One after another they keep coming up. A person can try handling one and another jumps right in her face leaving her gobsmacked. Confusion, irritation, and anger were batchmates of this problem. Always coming together.

Hand-in-hand.

They would keep popping until the one person dealing with them is tired and defeated. They want the fighter on his knees, kneeling infront exhaling his defeat. Head ducked in fatigue, shoulders drooping and eyes glimmering with the tears of failure.

Problems are sadistic.

Agonizingly painful and breaking.

But only until the person sets back and stands to face them again. His eyes clear the mist and he finds the solution right in front of him, the mask of disguise falling with the force of his powerful exhale. His hunched shoulders straightened and his sense of failure mingles to become a hope for another shot. Not the last one, not the first too.

Problems were meant to be tackled head-on.

Not that they would stop following, but they would eventually backtrack as they will shrink in the amount, seeming almost negligible to the experience of handling much bigger and much-complicated matters.

The moment of panic turns funny memories and problems into the thrill of life.

But to reach here, one needs to face what stands in front of them at that point in time.

And, today, the biggest problem in front of Vandita seemed to be the ringing device she had to receive. Something she dreaded for the entirety of the night and this morning. She didn't want the daze of happiness to evaporate as the cold water of reality drowned her. Holding into the thin thread of hope that everything shall pass the way it had always kept her afloat.

But now, the chaos made her frown.

Not that her smile fell, it was very much intact the entire car ride here as she hummed to herself feeling the exhilaration of his company mixed into her veins. She had a delightful morning in the arms of the man she had internally craved in these past months, the small twitch of not belonging to him knacked her as she felt lost in his thoughts. The memories they made and the time they had spent together choked her, accused her to be at fault somewhere because he left her.