□⁠ Chapter 15

□⁠ ⁠□⁠ ⁠□⁠

□⁠ ⁠□⁠ ⁠□⁠

"If this is not what you want, you are free to leave

"If this is not what you want, you are free to leave."

He had told the words casually, with no care unaware that they would be the last ones he would be saying to her.

He had stared at the moon with so much focus that he never realised what he missed.

She had left.

No words, no rebuttal but silence.

She had walked away from him in the middle of the night, something she had never done. Each time they had been together, they have shared a bed, sex or not. They slept together and left only after the other one was awake, not to be ignored how they irritated the other person, whoever woke up late.

But yesterday night, Noor left.

The ever-so-lazy girl left in the middle of the night, not arguing or making a comment.

He wondered if he had hurt her. He does not remember anything of that sort. He had reiterated what they had decided upon, agreed upon, and sealed the deal.

Not a word here or there.

But she had left.

He shouldn't be affected but was.

He shouldn't be bothered but was, but her silence bothered him.

Rubbing his eyes, he sat up straight as the figure of his bodyguard made his way toward him holding two mugs of coffee.

God bless the man. He was so much in need of this mug. He wasn't able to sleep, not because he was thinking. He was staring at the ceiling with a blank mind. It was only when he witnessed the sunrise.

She had said that Sunrise was their thing, this morning she wasn't with him.

"Your friend is safe, I had someone follow her to make sure of that," Ajay informed to which he nodded.

What was he to say? Why did she leave? Would Ajay ask him?

"What was her name again?" He inquired.

Indraneel's eyes snapped up, holding on to the mug lightly which he tightened immediately. "Violet Carlos."