□ Chapter 36

□ □ □

□ □ □

Being a part of the crowd never settled well with her

Being a part of the crowd never settled well with her. She wasn't very complacent when it came to standing in a queue waiting or huddled in a room with many others at the same time, waiting for her turn.

Yes, she had been living in one of the most crowded cities in the second most populated country or it could be first, who knew what the census results would bring out?

Well, back to the topic, Vandita had no clue how to live and strive when living like a commoner.

Never taken a mode of public transport in her life, she didn't know how sweaty body odor mixed with deodorant or the smell of the surrounding smelled like. Not she had any idea how to push her way inside the crowd to reach her goal or destination.

She never had to fight for a commodity in the market when someone else claimed it to be hers nor she had to bargain for its price. She didn't have to wait up for her turn or shout for a queue to hurry up.

She had never traveled in an economy class where she had to stand in the narrow aisle for her turn to move out.

All in all, she was not patient or had any experience with the term when all her tasks and wishes were completed in a snap of seconds.

Waiting never came to her.

Until today.

She decided to blame it all on her mouth. People had bad days, but she was having a bad month.

First the hectic work schedule, next the attack and hospital stay for a week followed by another week of bed rest, and now this, waiting.

She tapped her foot against the tiled floor as the nurse called for another name that wasn't hers.

How could it be?

She had missed her appointment for that morning with the doctor, resulting in waiting for her turn once he had any other missed appointment to engage her in.

And, she was desperate.

She wanted a clean check with the doctor first before her Satan of a friend left her out of that hell hole she once called her home. Now everything there made her criticize its existence and curse her 20-year-old to choose it to decorate her place.