□ Chapter 49

□ □ □

□ □ □

There were faces of people he didn't remember, not that he didn't know them once

There were faces of people he didn't remember, not that he didn't know them once. Masks were covering their bare faces which became hard to recognize. The back of his mind kept matching them to the names he knew.

These people were important in the world of Royals of Manwar, playing crucial roles in reaching the family name where it currently stood.

They were important.

He felt the opposite for his world wasn't cared for.

Plastering his tight smile on his face, he walked through the sea of them coming to a standstill and watching the giant idol of Lord Ganesh placed at the other end of the room, the flower arrangements and curtains creating a euphoric background for his welcome.

His jaw clenched as the gathering of people made sense. With his peripheral vision, he glanced at his bodyguard who stood in the shadows watching him like a hawk. His fingers tapped on his phone and his eyes demanded him to receive the call before it could ring twice.

His demand was fulfilled.

"At your service, Hukum." The crisped tone tickled him in the wrong way as the grip around the phone tightened.

"What is the agenda today, Singh Saab?" He asked taunting him with eyes and an underlying grit.

"It is the day of Ganesh puja, Hukum. It is the beginning of your younger sister's wedding celebration." Ajay Singh narrated like a parrot.

"When were you planning to tell me about it? After her Bidaai?" He sneered sarcastically.

"Apologies, Hukum."

He dropped the call and took a once over of the decorated hall, filled with almost whole of the leeches from high society standing under his roof. Taking seconds, he clutched his eyes shut to gather strength and push back the headache.

At this rate, he will have to transplant his brain due to continuous headaches. He was known for resolving problems with quick solutions, but problems kept bouncing in his path these days.